584,858 active members*
4,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Re: Plc offline cnc controller suggestions ?

Dansau74, Did you ever have any responses about this controller? I was considering purchasing one for a Laser Cutter build I am working on. I was wondering if you had any further comments about this controller. Any help would be appreciated.

keverett

Curious if either of you guys purchased the DDCSV1 unit, it actually looks pretty good. I download the manual which is pretty detailed. I did not see where you could select the type of units Metric versus Imperial, I did see on the configuration pages where you set the steps per unit but it was all metric. They do support the Gcode command to go to Imperial.

Russ

Hey guys,
    I am surprised these controllers are not used more often. The prices seem reasonable and it looks like they work pretty good. I ordered one from eBay with a handy pulser or pendant, whatever you want to call it. $259 shipped.

I will post my experience with it when it shows up. I am converting a Precision Mathews PM-25MV manual mill to cnc. It doesn't help that there are no YouTube videos for the unit other than the terrible ones from the manufacturer.

Later
    Tim

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.ebay.com/itm/CNC-4-Axis-Motion-Controller-500KHz-Stepper-Motor-Driver-DDCSV1-1-MPG-Handwheel-/282074706206?nav=SEARCH

A guy at work is putting one (third one in the list) he got from banggood on his Bridgeport boss. Said the screen is tiny, but looks like it will work.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

i bought a few units @usd175 free shipping, Now i don't need a pc for my machine anymore. It is good for running g-code thru usb thumb drive,
    The unit do not cater for programing or edit your g-code. you can keypad jog 1 axis at a time, or input location to move to,
    key pad jog to a location and set XYZA to zero. High speed 500k pps, very clean pulse. i install MPG, electronic hand wheel. Most of my g-code is created from my PC cam.
    So the unit is great for my applications.

Hello, i just bought one of this cnc controller, as i'm really fed up with Mach3,

Digital Dream DDCSV1.1/ 4 axis motion controller, is a fantastic piece of controller, clean pulse and fast.

Did anyone know where i can download the updated firmware? the official website (chinese only of course) despite telling that you can download the new firmware, it doesen't have anything to download... :-((
    Please help!!!!!
    Thank you for your help

Merlin,
    I found the same thing, they said to update the firmware go that that link and it had nothing. I have not found the new firmware on a different website at this point.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Merlin,
    I found the same thing, they said to update the firmware go that that link and it had nothing. I have not found the new firmware on a different website at this point.

Russ
    Hi Russ, and thanks for reply, i managed to download the new version of the firmware, i didn't try yet, i want to make copy of the config settings and other stuff before,(just in case)...

Here is the link if someone need it, Just be carefull, i don't know if is working, will let you know.

Directory listing for data.bmuessig.eu/
    Regards
    Emanuel

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin201314 View Post
    Hi Russ, and thanks for reply, i managed to download the new version of the firmware, i didn't try yet, i want to make copy of the config settings and other stuff before,(just in case)...

Here is the link if someone need it, Just be carefull, i don't know if is working, will let you know.

Directory listing for data.bmuessig.eu/
    Regards
    Emanuel
    Iforgotchair)
    The version is the 2016-06-10-80

http://data.bmuessig.eu/CNC/DDCSV11/install.zip

Just unzip the files onto an USB stick (FAT32 formatted) and plug it into the controller while it is powered off. Then apply power and the update is performed!

Emanuel,
    Thanks for the help

Russ

You're welcome, i update the link, as the old one seems down... just in case
    Directory listing for data.bmuessig.eu/CNC/DDCSV11/
    Cheers
    Emanuel

Hi, Newbie here, i'm currently retrofitting a new controller to an old but good Dahlgren engraving machine, I took a risk and bought a DDCSV1 from a Chinese outfit, and it arrived and appears to work, but I can't figure out how to set the work offsets G54-G59 no mention of any variables in the user guide, standard Fanuc variables are for G54 X,Y and Z axes are #5221,#5222,#5223 but there is no mention of these standard offsets on the information sheet, has anyone found out how to use these offsets yet ? TIA, Ken

Change to the coordinate system you want, jog to the zero location for that coordinate system, and then zero the machine which will set the work offset values.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenEye View Post
    Hi, Newbie here, i'm currently retrofitting a new controller to an old but good Dahlgren engraving machine, I took a risk and bought a DDCSV1 from a Chinese outfit, and it arrived and appears to work, but I can't figure out how to set the work offsets G54-G59 no mention of any variables in the user guide, standard Fanuc variables are for G54 X,Y and Z axes are #5221,#5222,#5223 but there is no mention of these standard offsets on the information sheet, has anyone found out how to use these offsets yet ? TIA, Ken
    I would suggest first to do the "machine(MACH) zero axis" all the offset zeros refer to the Mach zero, then if you have more than one fixture in your working table, you have to position the tool on the origin of every piece you want to machine, and save the origin of every piece with a different working offset. You have to recall all the offsets in your g-code one by one, and make sure you are above the fixtures during the tool travel in between.... Did that make sense?

Sended by my tapatalk

Tim,

Do you have anything to share now that you've had this for a few months?

Jim

Are you talking about the DDCSV1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin201314 View Post
    Are you talking about the DDCSV1.1?
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes,
    we are in the process to crack the firmware and add some more features and routines hopefully, including get rid of this disgusting splash screen!! But have a look at this one if you have time.

DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller

Any comment is fully apreciated
    Regards

I know this is an oldish thread, however can anyone recommend what post I should be using on Fusion360 for this controller?

Page 1 of 2 12