585,930 active members*
4,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: The PRO4896

Page 1 of 3 123

The PRO4896

Really a nuphor/newbie here but thought I would do for others what's helped me to take a leap. I'll attach photos to assist my bad typing. Every thread about CNC Router Parts on CNC ZONE I have read at least twice. So since my training in computers and my love of making things I have gone all in!

I already have the building in yard just need to fix it up. In addition since I'm retired military I didn't have the cash to jump in so I sold my retirement gift and on 26 February 2016 I ordered the following;

PRO 4896 KIT
    Prewired control system
    (Plug n play)
    NEMA34 package
    2.2KW SPINDL air cooled
    Table kit CNC ROUTER PARTS
    5th AXIS Upgrade
    ASPIRE
    MACH3

Awaiting tracking numbers from Cory!

The reason for 5th axis upgrade is because I'm not 100% which direction of use for machine but I want my options open to allow for flexibility. That's why the full size it's a lot easier to start in the middle and work smaller or bigger, and no one on here has a cnc table stretcher that I've come across.

Table decision was hard because I wanted steel frame but went with kit because I think if set up and rigidity added it would do the job for now. If more rigid a system needed then I'll get one made. I'm no welder!

All of you have helped in my process and reading all the input.

The building

Re: The PRO4896

Cool, my order going in tomorrow. Same config. Gonna be a fun ride!

Coolbeans bonesbr549,

the pic's as previously stated I would upload "The Building"

The Retirement Gift that paid for it all!

cool. You must be in a much warmer place than I

Quote Originally Posted by bonesbr549 View Post
    cool. You must be in a much warmer place than I
    I'm in southeast Texas!

If you live in Texas, best not admit to anyone you sold your Big Ass truck for a robot! ;-)

Is that "building" a shipping containers sided to look nice? That is uber cool. I've thought for awhile there might be a market for a shop outfitted shipping container to be delivered on site for people, either permanent or rent by the week type of thing.

Kosh

Building:
    Well I decided to use a Portable building it's 12' x 40' outside, 10'-7 x 39'-6" inside floor space.

Truck:
    I didn't have to say a thing, all my neighbors noticed big blue changed to a silver chevy 4x4 so it's out!

Update,

Electrical almost done in building.
    I have a 2nd laptop just for Mach3 and will mount a separate tv/monitor in building.
    32" LCD to extend Laptop display for Mach 3. I would like to hang it from ceiling but swinging wall mount will work.

Nathan with CNC Router Parts emailed me my Mach 3 info Monday.

William

Ok,

I've got my tracking numbers as promised by Cory at CnCrouterParts. I'm new I know! but most people on here have had a relationship with a cnc or have had one for many years, i'm just excited as hell to build one and own it out right!

I'm not disenfranchising anyone I just know I love the thought of turning stuff on computer screens to life!

William

I'm with ya brother. I have 2 years to go and I'm out.

ok here is the new room for the machine let me know what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop.jpg  

Love that cute little monitor.

Should be a great space for you. Look forward to seeing your progress.
    Lee

Thank you!

Basically I bought a bigger screen TV for the house and used my 50 inch to put in here as a display for computer. The main reason for so large a screen is I'm getting old but my eyes are even older. Have issues seeing distance and close up. Decided to go big with table 4896 and display 50inch monitor!

side note;

Any ideas on best approach for vacuum table system? I've read so many different posts/threads that I'm almost confused but I'm reserving the money for the right one.
    I'm planning on starting out with led signs and corian lithopanes (of course after learning the in's and out's) so jigs would be feasible for a hold down system.

william

I can't make any suggestions on the vac table front. I have done a lot of research and there are a lot of ways to accomplish it. I have amassed most of the parts I would need to finish installing a small one in my little table, but honestly, we are getting great results without one. It is easily done on or little table using bolts, since we mainly cut the same files over and over. I have a ready phenolic table as the base, but doubt I will ever need to implement it. It is still a good choice for a solid stable table base though.
    A full sheet would not be as economically suitable unless you were to use it as a vacuum system.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    I can't make any suggestions on the vac table front. I have done a lot of research and there are a lot of ways to accomplish it. I have amassed most of the parts I would need to finish installing a small one in my little table, but honestly, we are getting great results without one. It is easily done on or little table using bolts, since we mainly cut the same files over and over. I have a ready phenolic table as the base, but doubt I will ever need to implement it. It is still a good choice for a solid stable table base though.
    A full sheet would not be as economically suitable unless you were to use it as a vacuum system.
    Well I'm bedazzled as kids would say but I'm holding out for more knowledge on what I will be doing I think.

Cory with CNC Router Parts is steering me to take the one step approach I think so that's what I'll be doing for now!

I have watched every ASPIRE video out there and I'm good so far. I have been bad about checking evert tracking number I got and it's coming. I feel like a kid waiting to open presents.

Got to really like it.

I can't wait!

Sounds like you are making the right moves and Good advice from Cory. Start cheap with the MDF you have sitting there as a table base and spoil board. You can always build up on that part later as needed once you know more about your actual needs.

Good luck with it. I think you will have a ball with it. I know I have built a lot of my own machines, so I was really impressed with what I received from CRP. I think I had more fun assembling it than building my own machines.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by CrockettCNC View Post

Any ideas on best approach for vacuum table system? I've read so many different posts/threads that I'm almost confused but I'm reserving the money for the right one.
    I'm planning on starting out with led signs and corian lithopanes (of course after learning the in's and out's) so jigs would be feasible for a hold down system.

william
    Crocket, here is the vid I made when I made my vacuum table. Based on the design by Ralf Klassen (search for that on youtube). It works well, but I recently realized that it is loosing about 2/3 of it's potential vacuum... I think I just didn't seal up the MDF well enough. So I may be redoing it and rethinking it.

CNCing a vacuum table

Quote Originally Posted by CrockettCNC View Post
    For small parts, something like this is your best bet. It's relatively inexpensive, and has more holding power than a full table through spoilboard system.

Vacuum Clamping (Vacuum Hold-Down Jig)
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Joe Woodworker has good stuff. I do a good bit of veneering and made my vacuum press from his plans. Had it for quite a few years now and still works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by bonesbr549 View Post
    Joe Woodworker has good stuff. I do a good bit of veneering and made my vacuum press from his plans. Had it for quite a few years now and still works like a charm!
    Thanks everyone!

I like the ideas!

18 boxes in route

Page 1 of 3 123