585,741 active members*
5,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > any one got suggestions before i throw solid works out the window....

any one got suggestions before i throw solid works out the window....

so i have a dfx image i imported. cleaned it all up and trying to extrude but it keeps saying there is a wrong end point. I have deleted and redrawn the lines that are so called wrong and it still says its wrong..wtf... so i tried exporting as a dxf and a dwg to try and import it back in, but when i save as dxf it jacks all the lines up and makes everything look ****ty.. i have adjusted resolution, i have tried to extruded cut, i have tried saving it as a block and it jacks the lines up...any help would be awesome thanks guys

Re: any one got suggestions before i throw solid works out the window....

Could you post the dxf file?? I will take a look at it. Many times it is a very small line segment hanging out somewhere. Or could the all the lines be not on the same plane?

Mike

Or could you have two lines over top of each other? SW doesn't like that...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

can you email me? i cant get the file to attach here for some reason. [email protected] i have the solid works part when i try and export to dxf it messes all the lines up

A few troubleshooting techniques when this happen with imported DXF DWG files...

Right click on one line then select "select chain." If there are overlapping or tiny line segments SW will stop the highlight at that position. Look at where the selection ends to find duplicate lines or a line that is dangling.

If there are thousands of lines you can save time by having whoever exported the DXF tweak their settings.

If you're stuck then right click "select chain" and "move" out of the way. Make sure to use the right click "move" so you don't just drag endpoints around.

Good luck