585,719 active members*
4,308 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc Series 31I-Model B probe call on Matsuura VX-1000

Fanuc Series 31I-Model B probe call on Matsuura VX-1000

Hi

Does anyone know how to call a probe on this machine?

It has renishaw toolsetter, that works, but we cant figure out how to get the OMP 40-2 touch probe working.

The company that sold the machine to us 3 years ago, did not set up the touch probe on the machine, and cant tell us how to get it working. They were here a year ago where they promished to write some machros for the probe and get it working, but nothing has happened since...

So I`m thinking abut writing macros myself, but I have to learn how first:-)

Cheers, Daniel

Edit:

the he machine has some macros from the factory, what I need is the code for turning it on when I call the tool. This probe thing is new for me, and I have some questions when I figure out how to turn it on in the machine.

Re: Fanuc Series 31I-Model B probe call on Matsuura VX-1000

give me your email,i send you some documentation and probe macros or contact me at:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    give me your email,i send you some documentation and probe macros or contact me at:[email protected]
    Can you share to my mail: [email protected]
    Thanks friend

Hi

I tried G65P9832 and had an probe startup error.

What is the standard probe setup? switch-off method, enhanced trigger setting, transmission method and optical power?

I may accidentally have changed the setup, so need the right setup again:-)

There might be an M-code to switch on the probe.

No M code that I am aware off... I just want this thing working, it is a lot of money for something that doesn't work.

I will take a look at again Monday, but this Fanuc controller is rather new to me. Actually I haven't worked much with Fanuc controls, I can upload a program, set the work offset and press start:-) programming is a bit bumpy, but I will learn it at some point. Programming is done in Edgecam, so I don't really do anything manually (on this machine).

Tried removing the batteries from the probe and restarted it to see what the setup was, no errors or anything. So there must be something wrong with the transmission mode, or a parameter in the control that needs to be turned on...

More help would be appreciated if anyone can guide me thru this.

Cheers, Daniel

Hi

Tried new setups on the omp40-2 today, and still no luck getting it started. I have reset it to factory default now...

There is no blue light in the probe when I call the tool and running the probe startup macro.

Is there a special G code on this machine to start it up?

I took a picture of the OMI -2 that are in the post.
    Attachment 311178

When running the macro, no LEDs blink or anything, just red lights. I thing the first one from left should be yellow when starting. Maybe it is a control issue...

Cheers, Daniel

by the way,are you using the renishaw probe right?is your probe blinking when you are starting?show us your probing tool.The picture show us only the receiver and you need the transmitter.

Hi

The probe is this one:
    OMP40-2 optical transmission probe

No blinking or anything when I call the tool... Or when I call the turn on macro that are in the papers that I got. I'm a bit over my head here...

I may need to read all the papers again, it's been a year since I tried get it working. But any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Daniel

the tool have batteries ,check it and if are empty,change the batteries.
    put in the jog mode and move slowly the machine in any direction you want and while moving touch the tool by hand and check in diagnose if X4.7 goes 1

2 Test manually:
    A: OMP60 Probe is installs on the spindle, touch the probe with hand. X4.7= 1
    B: Put the MODE switch to MDI, M27; input then start,
    G01 G31 X-20.F10;
    M28;
    X axis while moving, touch the stylus with hand, whether the G31 function is effective.

What is X4.7?

I will try tomorrow if I find time for it, I got a lot of work to do at the moment... But I will font time to try the probe thing before Friday:-)

Cheers, Daniel