585,973 active members*
4,138 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Machinist Hangout > machine pump wont turn on keep tripping out

machine pump wont turn on keep tripping out

please help i have a carter aphs downstroke bending machine. during operation it just cut out like someone has pressed emergancy stop button. inside the machines electric cupboard one of the trip switches had clicked off. i turned itback on and tried to start machine again. then i could here buzzing coming from two realays and a second later it tripped out again. i have tried swapping relays for two more the same and changed the trip switch for one the same and still happens. i left it for an hour to check it wasnt some sort of thermal overload and still nothing. i chased all the wires from the trip switch and checked for bad connections. the machine hadnt been running for very long when it tripped out and in a very cold factory. i have tried everything i could think to try but im no electrician or machine technission i just operate and programme it. any suggestions and help would be great thanks !!!

Re: machine pump wont turn on keep tripping out

If it cuts out at the same point every time and you have the schematics of the machine it is necessary to find out what engages at that point, you need to know how to read the schematic however.
    If it is a hydraulically operated system it could be a pump overload or solenoid valve etc.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.