585,670 active members*
4,383 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Reinshaw TS27R Tool Setter

Reinshaw TS27R Tool Setter

Hi all,

I have a 1250C with the A2100 control with the tool setter probe in and I absolutely love it. I use it all the time and does make setting up tools much much quicker. Recently something happened, not quite sure how. But after touching off a few tools onto the probe, I went and ran my program (from the resting height above the tool probe), and for some reason the machine decided to RAPID the Z axis DOWN!!!!! In doing so, it broke the Break stem which is no problem. But it also bent or knocked something loose inside the probe as the main stem coming out of the probe now comes out at a slight upward angle instead of straight out. I read on another forum that someone had disassembled there tool setter and cleaned the switches inside to make work, I was wondering if anyone knew how to take this apart? I was wondering if I could open it up and take a look inside to see if something is out of position then reassemble it. I have the cap off that holds the spring in. But how can I get inside of it past the inner diaphragm seal? I can still use the machine as is, but would really like to get this back up and working, so any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!!

Re: Reinshaw TS27R Tool Setter

Update:

So I was able to remove the silver bod from the black frame, but still cant figure out how to open it up. I decided to see how close I could adjust it with the leveling screws and leave it bent. This is the best I coulde get. As you can see, the black mounting frame is fully adjusted to the right, and the touch probe is still slanted to the left. I am at a loss on what to do. I would really like to figure out how to take this apart so I can hopefully figure out how to adjust it.

Re: Reinshaw TS27R Tool Setter

You need to contact Renishaw guys.
    The black part is ment to be damaged during collision to avoid complete setter destrucion and it just needs to be replaced and recalibrated.

Jordan Mach, I agree with Steryd; this is not a user serviceable item