584,817 active members*
4,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

china machine

Looking at purchasing this machine from cnc router RDMS-1325_Jinan Rongding Cnc Machinery Co., Ltd. Jinan Rodeo Machinery co, anyone have any experience bringing a machine to Canada any thoughts would be great
    thanks

Re: china machine

I've brought 2 machines to USA from China. Not terrible machines but needed work to operate smoothly. Don't expect a lot of documentation. You get little if any instructions. I use Mach3 control and had to change out Chinese cards to get good reliability and understanding. Mechanically the machines are sound. Warranty wise they will send their technician but you must pay round trip airfare and lodging so unless they send parts warranty is not much good. Both machines added x/y aiming laser and fixed z-zero block for faster tool changes.

1st machine: Bad paint - if you couldn't see it it wasn't painted., Control cables damaged in shipping, Control card needed replacement. Added bells and whistles for more efficient operation.

2nd machine: Better paint, poor wire routing (e-stop wires wrapped around y axis motor on first run), Needed to upgrade fasteners that hold stepper motors. Chinese card was parallel card so needed to add ethernet smooth stepper and eventually American breakout board to get more i/o. E-stop wired to kill all power. Rerouted e-stop through Mach3 control so it can be used for safety when changing tooling without losing position.

It is a crap shoot. There are about 4 different manufacturers in Jinan and about a gazillion brokers who represent themselves as the manufacturer.

Good luck.

I bought one from China, it was an experience I wont forget. They said to my door, No it was not. It was to the port. they forgot to mention the tariff and all the other things that go along with that. Like the cost of having it shipped from the port to NY. Then the cost of it sitting at the port as well. It cost me an extra 2500. That I didn't expect to shell out. The machine I like. Now its down and Im waiting for help getting it running again. I wish I had bought one from Canada or the US. It would have cost more, Yes. But I could have gotten parts faster, and help quicker. Would I do it again, Heck no. Think about your down time before you buy. You may save some up front, but in the long run, it might not be worth it. Good luck. Oh communication is another thing, , they have a hard time understanding what your trying to say, or so they say. If you can read between the lines.

Hi can you leave me your email? i can sent you some info for your compare.
    Shandong Yishun CNC Machinery Co.,Ltd Email: [email protected]
    Whats App&Mobile: 0086-137-9314-0576 Skype: YSCNC05

What is not running on your machine, artezz? Most of the parts are available in the US. I might be able to help.

My import experience was much less traumatic. I tracked the container from the time it was loaded. Arranged for a customs broker and cleared customs no sweat. It entered thru Long Beach then was shipped by rail to Houston. I picked it up from the bonded warehouse in time to avoid detention charges. You have to stay on top of the whole transaction. The whole shipping cost from China to Houston was very reasonable.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_YsCNC View Post
    Hi can you leave me your email? i can sent you some info for your compare.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by artezz View Post
    I bought one from China, it was an experience I wont forget. They said to my door, No it was not. It was to the port. they forgot to mention the tariff and all the other things that go along with that. Like the cost of having it shipped from the port to NY. Then the cost of it sitting at the port as well. It cost me an extra 2500. That I didn't expect to shell out. The machine I like. Now its down and Im waiting for help getting it running again. I wish I had bought one from Canada or the US. It would have cost more, Yes. But I could have gotten parts faster, and help quicker. Would I do it again, Heck no. Think about your down time before you buy. You may save some up front, but in the long run, it might not be worth it. Good luck. Oh communication is another thing, , they have a hard time understanding what your trying to say, or so they say. If you can read between the lines.
    Artezz who was it you made your purchase from was it a broker or directly with the company?

Quote Originally Posted by rbraeking View Post
    What is not running on your machine, artezz? Most of the parts are available in the US. I might be able to help.

My import experience was much less traumatic. I tracked the container from the time it was loaded. Arranged for a customs broker and cleared customs no sweat. It entered thru Long Beach then was shipped by rail to Houston. I picked it up from the bonded warehouse in time to avoid detention charges. You have to stay on top of the whole transaction. The whole shipping cost from China to Houston was very reasonable.

Bob
    Hey rbraeking who and what did you order? how do you tell if your dealing with a broker or the company?

Bob, I could use some help, The X axis has stopped running. I replaced the controller , thinking that was the problem. No luck. I know the stepper motor is good, I connected it to the Z axis wires and it ran fine. The y and z operate as normal. The dros show it is moving, but it is not. I checked the port and pins, I use Mach 3, its a 3 axis router, 4 by 8 machine. I check the out puts, all are normal. Every thing looks good, but it dosent move. I want to try a conductivity test on the wires, however Im not sure if I would short something out. The multimeter is powered with a 9volt. Not sure if the controller could handle this if it was used. So now Im lost

So does anyone know how to know if you are dealing with a broker or the company?

could it just simply be a broken or loose wire if it runs on another axis i would almost bet that is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by slowdigits2 View Post
    could it just simply be a broken or loose wire if it runs on another axis i would almost bet that is the problem
    hwy did you check your mail?

Do you have some time? We can talk your need in skype : )

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
    Shandong Yishun CNC Machinery Co.,Ltd Email: [email protected]
    Whats App&Mobile: 0086-137-9314-0576 Skype: YSCNC05

It is impossible to tell if it is a broker or the manufacturer unless you visit them personally - in China. You can hire an agent to investigate for you but on a single purchase it is not worth the effort. I have done the legwork and can help you purchase if you like.

artezz, It may not be electronic at all but having to do with your settings in mach. Is the axis you are having trouble with the one with 2 steppers? Is it properly slaved? Some Chinese machines make the x axis the long axis and others make the y the long axis.

send me your *.xml file and I will look at it. If you are close I may be able to come look at your machine. I am in Houston, TX area.
    Bob
    [email protected]
    sscncrouter.com

It is impossible to tell if it is a broker or the manufacturer unless you visit them personally - in China. You can hire an agent to investigate for you but on a single purchase it is not worth the effort. I have done the legwork and can help you purchase if you like.

artezz, It may not be electronic at all but having to do with your settings in mach. Is the axis you are having trouble with the one with 2 steppers? Is it properly slaved? Some Chinese machines make the x axis the long axis and others make the y the long axis.

send me your *.xml file and I will look at it. If you are close I may be able to come look at your machine. I am in Houston, TX area.
    Bob
    [email protected]
    sscncrouter.com
    Any help would be great I'm trying to nail down a price shipped door to door first the just wanted to ship FOB to Toronto which is 4 hours away from me and i would still have to hire a broker, I'm trying to get all the pcs together as far as import cost I believe there is no duty only local sales tax which is 13% again anything you could suggest would be great thanks in advance I have had 2 failed attempts at getting a machine built in Canada still not sure if i have to sue the second guy to get my money back its been a 6 month ordeal and still no machine :tired:

I could get a price from my broker CIF Toronto. I think the best way is to ship directly from China to you. You will have to arrange shipment from the customs warehouse to your door. After you receive your machine I could help you get up and running for a small stipend. What are you wanting for specifications?

Another option is for me to import the machine, perfect it in my shop, then ship it to you. There are a lot of Canadian truck drivers looking for freight back to Canada.
    [email protected]

Any help would be great I'm trying to nail down a price shipped door to door first the just wanted to ship FOB to Toronto which is 4 hours away from me and i would still have to hire a broker, I'm trying to get all the pcs together as far as import cost I believe there is no duty only local sales tax which is 13% again anything you could suggest would be great thanks in advance I have had 2 failed attempts at getting a machine built in Canada still not sure if i have to sue the second guy to get my money back its been a 6 month ordeal and still no machine :tired:
    Who'd you try in canada? Not precix I hope.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

please check your email

please check your email

I could get a price from my broker CIF Toronto. I think the best way is to ship directly from China to you. You will have to arrange shipment from the customs warehouse to your door. After you receive your machine I could help you get up and running for a small stipend. What are you wanting for specifications?

Another option is for me to import the machine, perfect it in my shop, then ship it to you. There are a lot of Canadian truck drivers looking for freight back to Canada.
    [email protected]
    thanks but i think that would add alot of unnecessary cost having it go to you then me

Page 1 of 2 12