585,560 active members*
3,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Navigating Hitachi Seiki HG400 w/ Seicos Sigma 10M

I need to locate the system table that includes the # of tools in the magazine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kirk
    Kirk

I don't have that specific information, but I believe it is on the same table as the current tool called, standby tool, magazine index position ect...

From the manual:
    Press "return", "F4" System, "30" (F menu), "input", "PMC", "PMCPRM", "DATA"

Actually I thought it was on "G-Data" after "data", I would have to check the machine to be sure. The manual does not list G-data but has been known to be wrong before.

Dale

Thanks Dale,
    I found it the other day. You are right, it is in the G-data table. I'm adding more tools to the magazine today so by this afternoon I should be ready to change the data in the table and hope it works.

Thanks again,
    Kirk
    Kirk

For adding tools pockets to the chain, be aware that Hitachi may have other places you need to change the value... When they integrating their software in/with the 16i they did some strange things. Some options you have to enable in the normal Fanuc way as well as for the Hitachi software.

So, the number in the G-data table. This alone may let it work with the larger chain, but not access the added pockets.
    The Fanuc option for the given number of tools.
    The Fanuc option for the number of tool offsets.

Changed D30 to 60 in the G-data table and everything is working great.
    Thanks again Dale.

Kirk
    Kirk

Glad to hear it was that simple.

Seikos III

Hi All
    I have a Hitachi Seiki VK45 with Seikos III Control , I getting alarm “ can not edit ( MDI running) “ in MDI mode. Can You help Me reset it ?
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by dungvp View Post
    Hi All
    I have a Hitachi Seiki VK45 with Seikos III Control , I getting alarm “ can not edit ( MDI running) “ in MDI mode. Can You help Me reset it ?
    Thank You
    I assume this happens if you just turned the machine on, select MDI and try and run an MDI command?

If so your probably going to have to trace it down by looking thru the ladder logic. From past experience, most problems end up being a switch/sensor or some action not being completed.

Dale

Hi Dpuch
    Thank you for your answer very much. we checked all sensors and switches which were well operation. At present, machine is working with memory mode, tape mode , DNC and Edit regulations very well. we don't know how to use Ladder Logic, pls help us how to use it.

Thank a lots,
    Best regards,

Dung VP

Re: Seikos III

Quote Originally Posted by dungvp View Post
    Hi All
    Thank You
    I know this is an ancient post, but I'm having the same issue on a mill with Seico II. Everything works fine except I can't input anything to MDI and get that alarm. Were you able to resolve this?