585,585 active members*
3,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: FANUC 21 T

FANUC 21 T

I have KIA SUPER KIA TURN 15 CNC lathe with FANUC 21T controller. It was out of order for months. After switching it on again, the monitor of it was displaying unidentifiable characters (I attached a photo). The battery changed on controlle
    The machine everything is fine ---the axes are fine, main spindle, revolver head move---,
    but the monitor does not work properly.

Have you got any idea about the problem?
    Can you help me?

Thank you for your help in advance.
    Attachment 311200

Re: FANUC 21 T

Does the monitor change the pattern when you change mode? Edit, MDI, or Offset? If not I would think that the LCD it self is the problem. If yes I would think its the video driver. Good Luck!

Exactly : 2 variation of picture blinking
    if change the mode the picture stay same ...blinking blinking blinking...but
    I am afraid, the monitor has no problem, since on the one hand the displayed picture is stable (there is no movement in it), which means there is synchronization in the forwarded picture, furthermore, on the other hand, the characters are clear and readable (although there is no meaning). In accordance with these, in my opinion, it is not the problem of the monitor.

Do you have any other idea, guess about this problem?

I would guess it is the video driver. When you say the machine everything is fine ---the axes are fine, main spindle, revolver head move, can you jog the axis, and turn on the spindle? If so the memory is likely OK. If not maybe your memory is wiped. Did you change the battery with the power on?

Yes I changed battery with power on......but the first battery was very "tired"

There are 40 characters in a row....
    for examle...I turn on the controller then blinking in the first row the 5th....17th. and 38th.....character .....I turn off and on the controller then blinking the 20th...24th....30th character in the first row
    The character on the picture for example...2 ...4 A...B...black and white...and unreadable Japanese characters....

Tired or Expired?
    Japanese characters could be that the language parameter is wrong.
    The change of what characters are displayed from first to second power on, could be video driver, but sounds more like a processor problem.
    Is there a Fanuc office in Hungary? If so I would call them.

I think it was Expired...a measured the changed battery at now : it is 3V !!!..... But I changed it ...(maybe I measured wrongly at first)
    So, I talked with the FANUC office in Hungary and they sad
    --PCB-MAIN board...change
    --PCB-DRAM/SRAM Module...change
    --PCB-Analog Sp.Module FS-2...change

These are horror prices....

Ebay often has these items for much less $. Also there are some aftermarket re-sellers Buy FANUC Parts for Less - New and Replacement has helped me a time or two.

If your battery was expired you may just have corrupted memory. Look in your manual for the Boot Menu, maybe you can recover with a system restore, if you have a SRAM back up.

Yes but I think my controller is good...the machine is move ...I dont know what hapened with it
    I have no backup about parameters...Mainboard change ...it is not simple work..

I wrote to KIA....ask parameters for the machine...but they are "dumb"... I wait their answere

The machine dealer who sold the machine when it was new, should have a back-up. If Fanuc ever worked on it, repair or add option, they will have a back-up.

It is complicate...the dealer is in another country (Austria)...Ahh !...It is a "jungle"...

I think Hyundai bought KIA, try www.hyundai-wiamachine.com

Yes I know...I try the Hyundai-Wia...
    there is a "small-dealer" in Hungary too , he is my contact to KIA (we have another KIA machine to) .... I asked him 1 week ago...but nothing....I wait