584,854 active members*
4,322 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

E-Stop not a UCCNC problem

I would like to get an E-stop working. I have a switch that has 2 circuits Reed and Green. 1 is NO The other is NC.
    THe bob I use has pin 15 as E-Stop . I have tried different combos and cannot get it to activate. Does anyone know
    if I use the Red or Green side of the switch.Do I connect 1 wire to the PIN 15 and the other wire to 5v pin or a ground
    pin or a different pin or pins.I have looked at a number of things and they all seem to assume you know where the
    wires go. Sorry I don't

Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

Re: E-Stop not a UCCNC problem

It depends on how your BOB is wired. Are there optocouplers for the inputs or are they connected via buffer chips to the inputs or how?
    Do you have a datasheet of the BOB, I can check it for you.
    The UC100 needs a low level (ground) for activation of the inputs, but your BOB probably has some electronics built between, so it is hard to tell without seeing the datasheet of the BOB.

You can check the diagnostic page LEDs and check pin 15. if the BOB has the e-stop connected there.
    Connect the e-stop up and check if the LED goes on or off when pressing the button and then configure the low active state according to the LED going on or off when pressed.

My guess would be... one side of the NC circuit to pin 15, and the other side to ground. (but only a guess :-)

I think it's generally accepted to use 'Normally Closed' wherever possible to ensure you are always aware of any problems (broken wire) as this will activate the 'E stop'.
    Also just check that the software is setup to treat pin 15 as your E stop input. (configuration-> I/O setup tab)

Hope you get some joy, we all know how frustrating things can be at times, especially when you're trying to set up lots of things for the first time..It does make it more satisfying when you get there though!
    Mark

I think I see a problem and it has me stumped. The green led for pin 15 is always green. the same for pin 10. if I change the active from one state to the other
    then the light for E-Stop lights green and the same for pin 10 it goes green as PROBE. There are no wires connected to the pins at this time.So active high
    or active low they are green. May be I need a new BOB. Have any suggestions. I am on a shoestring budget so I need low price and good build.

Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.