585,679 active members*
5,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: reset zero

reset zero

I have a cnc router by andersonUSA. it was setup four years ago. There are hard stops on the x and Y where material is placed. these were replaced and now i have hundreds of programs that are off.

When I zero machine (g91 g28 xyz) and press the position button y and Z are 0.000 but x was some how set to 0.1255.

so that I do not have to change hundreds of programs I need to know how to change this proportional to my new material stops. There is nothing about this in my operators manual. Anderson will send a rep for 150 and hour. Can it really be that complicated.

the control is fanuc. The operator (me) is limited. I zero machine, m94 t15 and M97 t15 (or which ever tool is correct to start each day. load programs from pc and run them.

update to reset zero

I am quite handy with PLC programming and visual basic programing and belive with instruction i can accomplish this.

apparently I am not intelligent enough to word an issue clear enough to get any type of responce.

Some one perhaps can tell me how to unsubscribe

Just stick an indicator in the spindle, & move the stops.

Do one axis at a time, send "X-axis to "0.0" then move "X-axis" just short of however long the stop is, then tighten down the stop. Repeat for the "Y-axis".

Don't adjust anything on the control or g-code files If they ran good before the stops were replaced.

From what you said the only thing that moved was the stops.

thank you for responding and forgive my previous frustration.
    Heres what I have learned so far. The "stops" are not easily adjustable. I could give more details but prabably not neccesary. basically the stops are made on a frame that is mounted on one end to the table. the other end has cylinders that lift the part off of the table like a door frame laying down. when the part is lowered onto the table it is held in place by a vaccume system. Having said that the assembly was damaged, removed, welded and put back it could not possibly have been off by more than 1/32 inch. After the "crash" a technition had to replace a part in the drill head that was damaged when the drill hit the stop. when it hit it alarmed and would not run. We did not know the mechanism in the drill head was damaged and frozen. The technition was reading and entering codes and ect. when all was over the programs whick could be just a 1/2 hole that should have been centered in the part was off by .9016 inch. In talking with anderson Americal, the Andi router home or zero must have been changed. he said something about a cam that had two places that it reads and if it was off by one it would be about 20 mm. He started gving me instructions about going to a screen, and a table and resetting the work something and mentioned g54 of g64. any way I asked him to go over it again, slower and let me write the steps down. He then said I just needed to let him schedule a service call and "reset it". I took issue with the impatients and came on line to see If anyone could make enough out of what I got to tell me that procedure. I was scanning other documents las night and found something simular. Does this make any sense?

I thought of something else which may be relavant. We have tow of these machines. when we"zero" them the x, y display different numbers. they are all zero.something but not the same. I was told this "offset" was so the same programs could be run on both machines even the the fixtures that hold and strip the parts from the vaccum are not exactly in the same place. I believe that this offset it what I need to be able to change.

jrick- if you are doing production work on these machines and are currently not producing, it may be a good idea to have the factory tech come in and reset the machine. $150/hr may be a lot of $ but if you are losing money by not running, it may be worth it. Before he comes in, make a list of any questions and STICK TO HIM LIKE GLUE! Ask why he did what he did, glean as much info from him as you can. You will become the in-house expert on those machines and be able to take care of minor problems that will occur as a well-used machine ages.
    Is there any factory documentation on the machines? Set-up, programming etc. manuals? Maybe you can get a new set if they are missing. Who programmed them to begin with?Are they available to help with this current problem?--Best of luck!

thanks for reply nutmegtech,
    Production is not down, we cut holes in steel doors for installing windows, not real high tech for these machines. We previously used a hand router and a stack of templates. We have made some blocks or shims and attached them, but want to correct so they do not have to stay therel. I just wanted to be able to do it. The more I read and talk to the techs the more I am sure this was caused by them entering some screens in and making changes. I have one tech who is a self proclaimes expert and frequently enters a series of codes and makes it work but he has not been able to correct this.

I found an article on the home page of this site "using the homeing commands that mentioned setting offsets for work. that sounds close.