584,841 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Dont know if these pics will help or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quill 001.jpg   Quill 002.jpg   Quill 003.jpg  

You are the MAN!, I greatly appreciate this. I'll let you know what happens!

Thank ya. Just trying to help,as many has helped me with this project.

I know this thread is old, but if you have the side box but no head, then you can interface to the unit directly via serial.

The side box is a full centroid CNC3 unit which accepts G-code and does a bit of conversational as well...

Just hook up to it with a serial port, 2400 baud, 7E1...

It's a full menu driven system. Not the fastest in the world, but a whole lot faster than the Trionics interface up top.

Smile

An update on my progress,

yaddatrance: I scraped the control of the side and sent the parts to Sam in one of the earlier post.

Well as for the status of my machine it still sits in the same spot with nothing getting done. At the beginning of the year I started a part time machine/fabrication business and it has taken off real well. So I have been working on paying jobs most of the time. I am just finishing with a automated welding fixture for a customer and could have used the mill for a lot of the parts. Basically kicking myself in the butt for not working on it little by little. So at my day job we have off a few days at the end fo the year and I am working on freeing up some of my time to work on the mill. Basically I have most of the parts and started laying them out in the panel. Mount Motors, Encoders and other parts. I will keep you guys posted.

Brian M.

MILL RETRO

HOW PROJECT COMING?

Question

hello yaddatrance how do you know the control is centroid? how about a tri-onics apprentice mill with servos and csr contraves controlls?

hello yaddatrance how do you know the control is centroid? how about a tri-onics apprentice mill with servos and csr contraves controlls?
    I would like some more info on this as well. The shop I work at has a Tri-onics that is fully operational. Its down fall is waiting on the comp to process its next move. If I could boost its performance a bit they may see its capabilities and do some real improvements

I also have a Trionics handyman controller has been updated and working great. But the mechanics of the machine is wearing out. It's got a clunking sound in High gear. Y axis has .005 backlash.
    know for the big problem who made the machine trionics but there hardware and software on it. Any ideas. It looks identical to every tiawan mill out there.

Re: My mill Conversion

So is this tread dead? I just purchased the same machine for 2K. Everything works great and in mint condition. Was hoping to upgrade to PC. Just wondering if any of you have had any luck. Thanks in advance.Attachment 403780
    I'm always having a PICNIC....Problem In Chair Not In Computer!

Re: My mill Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisBarclay View Post
    So is this tread dead? I just purchased the same machine for 2K. Everything works great and in mint condition. Was hoping to upgrade to PC. Just wondering if any of you have had any luck. Thanks in advance.Attachment 403780
    This was my first retrofit, and was so glad to get rid of the slow control. First retrofit it with Mach3 then added the KFLOP board and was able to have closed loop with glass scales. Also made a real Z axis for it where the quill was driven with a ballscrew instead of the sloppy power feed gear.I remember someone stating they was able to use the DB25 port on back of machine and bypass the old control, but you are still bottle necked by the stepper drives being very slow.

Page 3 of 3 123