So i'm sure this sounds kinda dumb at first, but lets start with what the machine requirements are. 240V at 60Hz. That is the whole point of the transformer right. To take the variable power that you might have at your facility i.e. 210V, 220V, 230V, 240V, 250V, 260V, and to output at 240 volts... I'm assuming that is the point.

So my input voltage at the panel is 121v on one leg at 123v on the other. Measures 241v across them. Sounds pretty perfect to me. Can I just by-pass the transformer completely and run power right to to the output side of the transformer? Gotta keep the surge protector in the circuit to. Obviously I would unhook the transformer from the loop. I'd probably just leave it in the machine though.

The whole point to this is not to have to wire up the phase converter. Building an outbuilding for my machines and have power out there and put some lights in last week, but need to do insulation and sheet rock and maybe even floor epoxy if the funds become available. I know that the machine will only run at %65 power but I don't forsee that as a problem. I'm a one man show with a day job hogging and super speed is not my forte.

I want to do the phase converter right and I'm thinking I might actually mount it up in the rafters and run a sub panel down the wall. (That way I don't have to listen to it)

So the bottom line the million dollar the reason I post was to ask..... I'm I just being stupid?