584,817 active members*
5,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > how can i read effort from motors ?

how can i read effort from motors ?

how can i read effort from motors ? ... to read that variable that shows that *axis is loaded at x% ?

* x y z fgj,jhggtfj

Re: how can i read effort from motors ?

these are "diff" variables

hello, please, how can i call/read this "diff" variables ? please, do you have an example ?

if it helps, i have attached machine's parameters ... kindly !

What are you trying to do that Load monitoring, Torque limit, or Torque skip can not already accomplish?

Best regards.
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    What are you trying to do ?
    hello mr wizard

i need better management for efforts ...

i wish (not always) to record for each tool the cutting effort inside a log file, so to easily observe wear evolution

it would be great, for example, for a continuous 100mm driling to read effort at 30mm, 60mm and 90mm ...

actually should work like this :

VLMON[1]=....
    CALL OSUB1
    code to be monitored
    VLMON[1]=0
    CALL OSUB2

OSUB1
    at "x"miliseconds record efforts specified in VLMON and load into memory

OSUB2
    data from memory write to file

this effort reading procedure is base for official stuff like : Monitoring Operation Process / Adaptive Control Function, maybe Navi ...

I don't need those applications ... i just need the efforts to be recorded in background, and after a while, or when something happens, just to take a look at them, so to have a general opinion about the process; LM can't give you that general opinion; it has more particular behaviour, instead of general

LM is good, of course, is like a little god, but is just the begining ... LM prevents machine from nasty stuff, so it gives you a safety feeling ... now, that we are safety, we can go even further, optimizing cutting process, but how ? you can go empiric, trials, or maybe we just need a new tool

aplications :
    - when wear is smooth, among 2..3 shifts/>10hours, and sound changes in cutting are to subtle to be heared, and tool seems to broke without a reason
    .......... so to be aware of this behaviour before things gets worse
    - when LM recorded values are way too much, generally because of inhomogeneous materials, and this is discovered too late
    .......... so to see after some hours of cutting that you are not even close to LM value
    - when tools come back from regrinding, and they crash like a charm, because of regrinding quality
    .......... so to compare their behaviour with a new tool
    - and deep driling of course
    .......... so to optimize cutting process after 5D
    - more control ... is all about more control

Torque limit / skip
    what are these two ? i have never heard of them kindly !
    Attached Files Attached Files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noEZL3hWk5o

- 4.50 ... 5.20
    - 6.25 ... 6.50

- so bought cars have ABS, but one is much more stable and smooth, while the other one looks nice and sexy, but likely to drift ...

- why ? because ABS gives you safety, so you can see safety/load monitoring, as an upper limit, or as a new begining ,,,

- it is possible to run without load monitoring with heigher rentability/lower costs, than with it ... for example you just cut at high specs but being focused (habit_1), or you use low cutting specs and load monitor (habit_2)

- most use habit_2, because parts get out and what else do you wish ?
    - going habit_1 is a bit risky, but worth it ... to eliminate "risky", you loose time, once process is stable, to speed it up ... with effort values/charts you can see what happens and optimize things much faster ... in that moment you see that you can deliver more parts in the same time without losing too much time to achieve that

- you must know where to look kindly !

Long answer was deleted.
    Basically, what do you want.
    I am not sure you can read the real time values as a variable (From a program because of the top down nature of an ISO cnc program) but i am sure you can take any value or data you want and "print" it to a file to be read by you later if that's your goal.
    Fill me in on what you want, in laymen's terms.
    There is something being lost in translation. Sorry.

And I do disagree about the above two cars. The genius lies more in the traction control than the ABS. Plus, the R35 is more like a bullet with butterfly wings while the R8 is more of a highly tuned musical instrument. Or better yet, the Skyline is a drum, the the Audi is a Violin. you can play either wrong, I for one wouldn't notice the off beat, but an out of tune fiddle curdles milk.
    And if we're splitting hairs, I'm not sure which you referred to as sexy, but I know I'd father children with either of them. Cause damn they sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by tea hole View Post
    I am not sure you can read the real time values as a variable ...
    >>> this is the 1st step

mr rabit said something about "diff" variables; well, will be continued

I think that you can use the Load Monitor AUTO SET to capture load levels, and then like Teahole says, you can store the load monitor values in a TOP file or a text file or even in your program to prevent tampering. I believe that most of your problems arise from an operator changing the load values rather than the insert when it is worn. Use the AUTO SET only when you have fresh inserts and then use the attached AUTOSET-FIXR program to automatically adjust the values to more useable levels. Then tweak the values if need be to catch when an insert is failing. This is not accomplished in 5 minutes...it requires some history with each insert on each tool. Once the life history is established, download the load monitor values to a TOP file so that when you come back to the job, the established values are uploaded and you are ready to run.

The variables used in the program are the only System variables that I know of that tap into the load monitoring.

Torque limit = the ability to limit how much push an axis can exert. G29 PW=50 will limit the W axis push to never exceed 50%.

Torque skip = the ability to feed an axis until a load value is reached and then stop feeding.

G22 PW=30 D.1 L.15 W0 F50
    This will feed the W axis to a target point of Zero, will reduce the feed rate for contact at .1" and will allow an over travel of .15" and will push the axis until the load reaches 30%. It will stop at 30 % and will then continue with the next block of code.

Best regards,

To use AUTOSET-FIXR on the machine, change .TXT to .MIN

I think that you can use the Load Monitor AUTO SET to capture...
    this is static behaviour, delivers one value / movement ...

i need dynamic behaviour, among a G1 line code, that executes in T time [ seconds ], to spam T/0.5 different values

Torque skip = the ab ... G22 PW=30 D.1 L.15 W0 F50
    you told me about this here : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...gin-lathe.html

i forgot / actually, i did not used it yet ... sry

Although it does capture the peak value / movement the movement can be broken into segments in order to capture load specific to different features of the part. As you know, you can monitor up to 64 different "parts" of a program, but it typically is more than a mere mortal can keep track of. Keep it simple and watch closely what your elves at the north pole are doing, rather than trying to invent something that has so many variables that no one can operate or predict how it will react. The Load Monitoring works well and can detect only 1% variations in load, so it can be sensitive enough to detect tool wear and breakage if set up properly.

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    how can i read effort from motors ? ... to read that variable that shows that *axis is loaded at x% ?
    hello past self of me it has been cca2 years, and now i can read efforts, etc

a new path opens

i will share stuff soon; kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg