So I loaded PP today on another computer to play with and everything went smoothly (slightly surprise there)

Loaded an existing program to see what it looked like and noticed a couple of things.

When I double click into the gcode window, the line highlights, but when I tried to arrow down to the next line the machine jogs...... Didn't expect that.
In mach, you could step through the code in the window and see the progress in the toolpath window. I found it was a good way to quickly verify a program and spot any potential weird moves. Don't seem to be able to do that anymore.

Also, as I ran the program (cutting air) it stopped at a certain point and rewound the program to the start. Once I figured to look over at the status tab it said there was a movement on a certain line that was going to exceed the axis limit. Great, actually a good thing to know, except that finding it out in the middle of the program was no better than actually hitting the limit switch.
Is there no way of simulating the program run and having it figure this out prior to actually starting a part? Sort of related to stepping through the code above?

Just newb questions
Thanks