585,877 active members*
3,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Laser seems to be stuck on and does not pulse to engrave raster image

Laser seems to be stuck on and does not pulse to engrave raster image

I am relativity new to using my laser cutter/engraver and I have just encountered a new issue. I have a 50W Chinese Laser and I just recently had to replaced the power supply. Everything was working great until last night I went to engrave a simple design that I had done several times before and rather than the laser pulsing on and off to burn into the wood it appears that the laser stays on and the image is engraved with only the outline shape. It appears to cut vectors correctly (I will test that more in the morning).

I do not know if the issue is in the software or hardware but I don't think I made any changes that would make this happen.

Attached 3 images that hopefully help explain my issue. The pics are the file i am trying to engrave, the result i am currently getting (I stopped the job mid way because it was obviously not correct) and the result that I have gotten in the past, engraved correctly.

If your advice is to not buy a cheap Chinese laser then please don't bother posting.

Thanks

Re: Laser seems to be stuck on and does not pulse to engrave raster image

what's your controller? can you post your file here, or send to my email?
    I can check it whether it work on our machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    what's your controller? can you post your file here, or send to my email?
    I can check it whether it work on our machine.
    I am not sure of the controller, what is the best way to check? The file is a jpg that I have successfully etched before (see the pics attached to the original post). I know it is not the file as I tried with several other files.

please take some pictures of your panel and controller.(maybe it is installed at the right side of machine)

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    please take some pictures of your panel and controller.(maybe it is installed at the right side of machine)
    Here is a pic of my controller. As I mentioned this was working before not sure what changed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devoreg View Post
    I am relativity new to using my laser cutter/engraver and I have just encountered a new issue. I have a 50W Chinese Laser and I just recently had to replaced the power supply. Everything was working great until last night I went to engrave a simple design that I had done several times before and rather than the laser pulsing on and off to burn into the wood it appears that the laser stays on and the image is engraved with only the outline shape. It appears to cut vectors correctly (I will test that more in the morning).

I do not know if the issue is in the software or hardware but I don't think I made any changes that would make this happen.

Attached 3 images that hopefully help explain my issue. The pics are the file i am trying to engrave, the result i am currently getting (I stopped the job mid way because it was obviously not correct) and the result that I have gotten in the past, engraved correctly.

If your advice is to not buy a cheap Chinese laser then please don't bother posting.

Thanks
    I am having the exact same problem, mine is less than 1 week old. with the same laser.

Does the problem started after changing power supply?