585,758 active members*
4,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZ-TRAK SX Problem/Software

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me. I have an EZ-TRAK SX machine that has been working well for years, however over the last few months the cmos battery on the motherboard has been draining very quickly. I changed the battery and noticed that the negative terminal has rotted away/coroded quite badly in a short space of time. The area around the battery on the motherboard also seems to be affected.

I was planning on replacing the motherboard but unfortunately my machine didnt come with any software on a disk, only what was installed. I have tried contacting bridgeport but they can't help.

Does anyone know of anywhere else of where I may be able to attain the software for the machine?

Many Thanks
    Mike

Re: EZ-TRAK SX Problem/Software

Give EMI a call, 610-287-4240 ext 1 and they can get you hooked up!

Jon
    H&W Machine Repair

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinik View Post
    Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me. I have an EZ-TRAK SX machine that has been working well for years, however over the last few months the cmos battery on the motherboard has been draining very quickly. I changed the battery and noticed that the negative terminal has rotted away/coroded quite badly in a short space of time. The area around the battery on the motherboard also seems to be affected.

I was planning on replacing the motherboard but unfortunately my machine didnt come with any software on a disk, only what was installed. I have tried contacting bridgeport but they can't help.

Does anyone know of anywhere else of where I may be able to attain the software for the machine?

Many Thanks
    Mike
    Mike,

PM me your e-mail address and I'll try to send you the files I have.

Ted

If you have a SX machine, it boots from a floppy and the cmos battery would have no effect. If your mill has been upgraded to a hard drive, the hard drive would still be intact and you would have no need for any software from a battery failure.

Thanks for the replies, i've now got the software. The reason for needing the software was i was intending on replacing the motherboard, as this is the third cmos battery i have installed in around 6 months. each time the negative terminal has started to corroded, a small area of the board around the battery has corroded also.

I'd like to replace the motherboard to try to solve the problem. The board fitted is a 486DX, will any brand of 468 board be suitable along as it has an ISA slot, or will i need a specific type?

Many Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinik View Post
    Thanks for the replies, i've now got the software. The reason for needing the software was i was intending on replacing the motherboard, as this is the third cmos battery i have installed in around 6 months. each time the negative terminal has started to corroded, a small area of the board around the battery has corroded also.

I'd like to replace the motherboard to try to solve the problem. The board fitted is a 486DX, will any brand of 468 board be suitable along as it has an ISA slot, or will i need a specific type?

Many Thanks
    Mike
    Mike,

Since I'm pretty computer illiterate, I can't really answer your question about changing out the 486 board, but have you considered just taking the board to a computer repair shop and have them repair the battery connection points ? Also, just a suggestion, but on mine I removed the old CMOS battery and had a computer shop solder in two pigtail wires from the positive and negative terminals, then I installed two remote battery packs that each hold three re-chargeable AA batteries. This enables me to change out batteries (which I do about every six months) without loosing the BIOS settings or having to re-load the EZ Trak software.

Ted

Hi talvare

My bridgeport has crashed and ive lost the software, could you send me the software to try and get it back up and running, It would be most appreciative if you can help
    My email is [email protected]
    Many thanks in advance

I know of a place that sells new motherboards, back planes, DOMS, Power supplies and backup disks.
    You can replace that battery on the mother board only issue is it is just band-aid for the situation and it will fail again. Get a new one

If it helps check out https://bptparts.com/products/1159-8...2af1c953&_ss=r