585,737 active members*
4,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > RF 45 gearbox problem need help please

RF 45 gearbox problem need help please

Hello

Can anyone direct me to a website, or explain how to dissmantle the gear head on a RF 45. I think I have a bad bearing or gear. The spindle bearings are fine. How do you remove top cover?

thanks
    Frank

you need to pull the motor off. there are 4 bolts holding it on. then you need to unbolt the top cover. there are 6 bolts holding this on. once all that is done you can pry up on the front corner. there is also a jack screw on the front right corner of the head. turn that and it will raise the top of the gearbox.

thanks for the help, got it.

looks like all is well in there, what was happening was at high speed spindle would slow down and stop after a short while. The VFD would get an over current on decel. I would turn spindle by hand and it would feel like there was something not turning smoothly. I am wondering if it's the spindle bearings after all?

Any Idea?

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Runner4404spd View Post
    you need to pull the motor off. there are 4 bolts holding it on. then you need to unbolt the top cover. there are 6 bolts holding this on. once all that is done you can pry up on the front corner. there is also a jack screw on the front right corner of the head. turn that and it will raise the top of the gearbox.