585,708 active members*
3,850 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach3 / Delcam - Results in random circles destroying part

Question Mach3 / Delcam - Results in random circles destroying part

Hello there. I apologize if I am asking something that is very basic but I am new to the CNCing world. I have a new Taig CNC machine to which I have Mach3 running on. I use Solidworks for my CAD and "Delcam for Solidworks" for my CAM side. I made a very simple part in Solidworks / Delcam to try learning on. It is a simple T nut to which a T shape is cut and a hole is milled into the center. I have ran my NC code a few times and everything seems to go fine in terms of it cutting correctly and even doing manual tool changes. The problem I am having is that any NC code that has:

Code:
    N515 G03 X-0.38 Y0.2266 I0. J0.0234F13.0
    will result in giant circles in my tool path. This makes the cutter basically just go through my part and destroy it. This happens anytime there is an "I0. JXXX" in my NC code. I am not sure if there is a setting in Mach3 that I need to adjust or if I have the wrong post processor. I would like to think my post processor is correct as everything else works fine.

In viewing the simulation within Delcam, it does not show these giant circles. I think that these are intended to be small radii, like for a corner, but for some reason Mach3 sees them as big circles.

Any help would be appreciated and if I need to provide more information, by all means feel free to ask as well.

Re: Mach3 / Delcam - Results in random circles destroying part

I'd try a search and replace for the I0 to I0.0001, then try an air cut.....might error out, but a quick test. G2/G3 codes that don't move position (ie two the same) I believe will cut a circle every time....had this issue 15+ years back with a cam program. Obviously, check for duplicate lines too then!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

I will try once home. If there is a modification like that, is there any way to automate it from a Mach3 setting or Delcam's output? Would be nice to tick a setting instead of having to modify the NC code every time.

Try changing the IJ mode in General Config.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)