585,729 active members*
4,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol or Fanuc Manual guide?

I work in a small shop with two old cnc-lathes and an even older Dahlih VMC. We (i) write all programs by hand at the machines, g and m-codes. Parts are mostly pretty simple, but milling programs may take a lot of time to make with calculating hole patterns and milling profiles. Most orders are about 10-200 parts, but it is often also one or two more complicated parts. We are crowded with work and have started looking for new machines. We are thinking about a Mazak lathe with subspindle and maybe Y-axis and a milling machine, both with the quick-and-easy-to-program Mazatrol according to the sales guy. I am sold on the Mazatrol since i think quick programming would really help us. And it would also be a lot easier for newbie helpers to make programs and work on their own without continuously supervision. The boss is not convinced and wanted us to take a look at Hyundai (which we run today) with Fanuc. Nowadays they have Fanuc manual quide which look neat. But i believe Manual guide is a good help only for the guy who already knows his m and g-codes. I wouldnt have any problems to run manual guide, but since im the only one writing programs (i have a good young helper that can program but he is mostly busy with other things and lacks a bit experience with complicated parts) so i think simpler and quicker programming would help the company make money. Also, the Korean machinery is about the same price as the Japanese Mazak machinery, so in my opinion the answer is easy. Anyone that have any thoughts about this?

Re: Mazatrol or Fanuc Manual guide?

I have recently acquired a Mazak mazatrol m32 vertical cnc. I think mazatrol is easier than g and m codes and is perfect for the beginners. I have seen where MasterSham software can develop your tool library and a mazatrol and g-code program in about 6 clicks of a mouse. Unfortunately I am not blessed with this software where I work. I talk with a service technician of Mazak and he says the biggest problem is they leak coolant. I am experiencing this first hand with the m32. Other problem is manuals could be a little more in detail.

Re: Mazatrol or Fanuc Manual guide?

Or look at a Mori Seiki with caps. Will be more expensive than a Mazak I'm sure, but caps is pretty decent. Okuma also has IGF for this.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk