584,850 active members*
4,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > GibbsCam Post Processor Needed Help!

Unhappy GibbsCam Post Processor Needed Help!

Hi all,

I have a Haas VF-2 and a Haas Mini-Mill that I have been programming with GibbsCam V. 5.11 (1999 believe it or not). I recently accidently lost our post processor files and since I didn't keep up with the "maintenance" program that Gibbs requires i'm SOL on this. Does anyone out there have a mill post for the Haas mills that we could have? or for sale? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you.

I was wondering if you have a post for a haas sl-20

Hello
    I read your thread and I was wondering if may be you had a post for a haas sl-20 lathe from gibbs?? I am doing some programing for a guy and he has a haas sl-20 and I need a post.

Thank you

Have you tried Post Haste (under Plug ins - Posting - Poste Haste). Since all Ha Ha Haas machines are fairly Faunc compatible. You would need to do minimal changes to get the code the way you need it or maybe no changes at all. Assuming of course that Post Haste was available at that time. If it is there, you will find the software is easy to use, and the support from Poste Haste to be outstanding.

In either case, I would reccomend you pay the maintenance fees anyway. There are a ton of new features for the software (currently on version 8.0.27) to get the posts you need.

Good Luck!!

Hey HG,
    Do you know if that post will work on a sl-20 full c-axis? Or is there a special post I need for it. Because the post we use at our shop is for a sl-20. When it's in the x and z plane it works fine- facing, turning, boring, and parting off. With the live tooling, as long I program it in the polar coordinate system- where it uses x and c it spits out g-code just fine without very much editing. But when I use the position coordinate system - where it uses x and y the code it's completely messed up and uneditable. And this machine does read x and y because I've used mill programs and edited them to run perfectly on the lathe.
    If any has any info or insight please respond.

thanks a lot HG!!!! I'm gonna try them the first chance i get and we'll see if I have any luck. I'll reply tommorrow after I try them and let you know how it went. If not tommorrow then the next day. I've got a couple hot jobs that I got to get out tommorrow!!!

Gibbscam Post

GIBBSCAM USER....

http://burgerboy.home.infionline.net/Gibbscam/POST.html

This site might help finding the right post for your machine.

Burgerboy