585,578 active members*
3,847 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question cnc4pc multifunction board Rev 2

Hello All,

I am trying to use my cnc4pc c11 rev2 multifunction board to control my spindle rpm. The C11 has an analog out put that will put out 0-10v. This replaces the potentiometer on my spindle drive. I have every thing figured out except which pins are used. I am using Mach3 and need to know wich pins are used for step and direction in the spindle setup page of Mach3. Will some one please help.

Thanks,
    Jose.

It has been a while for me, but if I am not mistaken, you define the pins that are used, and identify them in the set-up of Mach. Then when Mach goes to output a spindle comand, it sends the signal to the pins you defined in the set-up table and the output board does the rest, provided it is plugged into the pins you told Mach to use. If I recall correctly, it is all up to you.

Sorry for all the complicated technical mumbo-jumbo...

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Thanks for the reply. I agree and uderstand what you said. My problem is that the board has the spindle speed control integrated and I am assuming that the pins to use are predefined. I just don't know which pins to use in Mach3.

The directions for the board don't clarify?

I will peek at mine tonight but I seem to recall just picking two pins that weren't used for anything else, running them to the board and assigning them in Mach. i will look into it but I won't be able to respond until Monday......sorry.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

I have the rev1 board and it was silk screened right on the board isn't your's?