584,800 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OMA 911 Ram Parity: (High) - Reloading Parameters Problem

Fanuc OMA 911 Ram Parity: (High) - Reloading Parameters Problem

I recently purchased two identical (1988) cnc wood routers. One runs perfectly, the other lost its parameters due to low-voltage batteries (I hope). Both are Fanuc 0MA controls. I am attempting to copy parameters, diagnostics, programs, and offsets from one control to the other. I read many posts and found helpful information, but still have a question:

Using Hyperterminal, I am able to transfer parameters and offsets to my laptop, but not diagnostics nor programs. I checked bit 4, parameter 10....it is zero (0). For some reason, I am unable to transfer programs and diagostics.

Any idea???

Re: Fanuc OMA 911 Ram Parity: (High) - Reloading Parameters Problem

Have you loaded the 900 option parameters by hand and communication parameters.
    then you can upload parameters

Thanks for responding!! NO. I have NOT entered anything into either of my two machines. I am attempting to transfer data from my working cnc control to my laptop. Once this is accomplished, I want to transfer from my laptop to the nonworking control. I am presently not getting complete data from my working control...parameters and offsets are transferring, but not diagostics or programs. Do I have to enter anything into my working control before it will permit me to "punch" out all four types of data???? Once I get all four types of data on my laptop...What is this about the 900 option parameters and communication parameters??? I read something about it in a few posts, but not sure. Understand my present problem is not being able to transfer FROM my WORKING control. Would appreciate your help!

Only parameters can be transferred while in an alarm state. Afaik, diagnostics cannot be transferred thru the serial port on that control; has to be done manually.