585,668 active members*
4,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 6 1234

Re: PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC

Thank you very much for this Cahit, I´m a Stepcraft owner and im going to try it on the next few days =) Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exup View Post
    First autoleveler test....
    That's pretty amazing! I'm curious about the code. Was that a flat circle in g-code projected onto the curved surface by using Cahit's plugin? If so, that's pretty amazing.

Yes. this plugin is really nice. It projects a flat toolpath to the surface probe-measured by the plugin.

Hello, this is an instructional video I made for mapping a toolpath using this plugin and a 3d probe with the Stepcraft CNC, Thank you very much Cahit for the plugin, also I´m going to upload another video on who to scan an object and get an STL for milling or 3D printing.

If you ever make a version which will run with Mach3 (driving an ESS, but that hardly matters), email me! I will test it willingly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7184.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	332808
    (Touch probe interface.)

Cheers
    Roger

I just tested this plugin and it works great.

Hi everyone, this is a video I made explaining how to use Cahit´s Autoleveler Plugin to scan an object and get a point cloud with a 3D probe =)

Hi Cahit,

I've encountered a bug with the version of your plug-in that is shipped with the latest version of UCCNC v1.2022. After loading a NC-file the jog function is disabled. If I disable the plug-in the error is gone.

The UCCNC support team also suspect that the plug-in may be the root cause to why my spindle output pin has been turned on without me asking for it. I've noticed this a few times after I switched to v1.2022 from v1.2021. I'm guessing they will contact you about this.

I'm really looking forward to try your plug-in, which seems great, but I can't seem to find a working link to the macros you refer to. Where can I get them?

Cheers, Per Takman

Hi pertakman,

Please try this one. It is the latest version v1.0022, no need macros anymore. works only with UCCNC v1.2022. would you keep me informed if it works?

Thank you Cahit,

I will give this a try tonight. In the meantime, could you let me know where to find the macros that you've posted before? The link I find adjacent to the video is dead.

Cheers, Per

Quote Originally Posted by pertakman View Post
    Thank you Cahit,

I will give this a try tonight. In the meantime, could you let me know where to find the macros that you've posted before? The link I find adjacent to the video is dead.

Cheers, Per
    this are the macros i used before..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Aha... I was under the impression that there was a set of macros. Maybe you're not the person behind the instruction video with the curved Stepcraft engraving...

The Youtube video refers to a set of macros with a link below that is dead.

Published on Sep 3, 2016
    In this video I show you how to install the software, how to measure the offset betwae the endmill and the probe, and how to map the toopath on an irregular surface.
    I was tricky to make this video, so if you see the continuity dont match exactly its because it was made from a lot of recordings.
    The link to the files for this are this ones:

404 Not Found...
    404 Not Found...

The autoleveler plugin is made by Cahit Ates from the cnczone forum, and the macros are made by me.
    Please review the video carefully, I try to be as clear as possible and I make some warnings about usign the probe, be mindfull and carefull with that because if you use the probe outside the macros or the probe its not connected and working correctly you may break it. I made some modifications to the macros yesterday and now all the macros gives you a message before they execute the command so you know what the macro is going to do.
    Try to test this macros with some soft material before you use them with a hard material so you can be sure on the operation of them. I dont take any responsability for any damage this may cause to your machine or probe.
    On the next video Im going to show you all the macros, how they work and what you can do with them.

Aha... I was under the impression that there was a set of macros. Maybe you're not the person behind the instruction video with the curved Stepcraft engraving...

The Youtube video refers to a set of macros with a link below that is dead.

Published on Sep 3, 2016
    In this video I show you how to install the software, how to measure the offset betwae the endmill and the probe, and how to map the toopath on an irregular surface.
    I was tricky to make this video, so if you see the continuity dont match exactly its because it was made from a lot of recordings.
    The link to the files for this are this ones:

404 Not Found...
    404 Not Found...

The autoleveler plugin is made by Cahit Ates from the cnczone forum, and the macros are made by me.
    Please review the video carefully, I try to be as clear as possible and I make some warnings about usign the probe, be mindfull and carefull with that because if you use the probe outside the macros or the probe its not connected and working correctly you may break it. I made some modifications to the macros yesterday and now all the macros gives you a message before they execute the command so you know what the macro is going to do.
    Try to test this macros with some soft material before you use them with a hard material so you can be sure on the operation of them. I dont take any responsability for any damage this may cause to your machine or probe.
    On the next video Im going to show you all the macros, how they work and what you can do with them.

no I was not the person who took the video

Thanks for clarifying! I'll try to get hold of them another way then.

But I did understand you correctly that you've compiled a new version that should solved both the disabled jog bug as well as the sporadic spindle enable bug?

Fantastic plug-in by the way!

Cheers, Per

Thanks for clarifying! I'll try to get hold of them another way then.

But I did understand you correctly that you've compiled a new version that should solved both the disabled jog bug as well as the sporadic spindle enable bug?

Fantastic plug-in by the way!

Cheers, Per
    disabled jog is solved but i don't know if sporadic spindle enable has to do something with this plugin, it could be...
    did you test the spindle without the plugin?
    if is it still there i will contact UCCNC support team for that.

regards

The sporadic spindle on behavior started with 1.2022 and the support team of UCCNC suspected your plug-in. I can't tell how plausible this is, but it scares me to change tools with the controller turned on until this bug has been confirmed and corrected.

Cheers, Per

Hi Cahit,

The plugin now works and I can jog the machine also after having loaded a NC-file. It remains to be seen if the sporadic spindle enable is gone as well.

Questions:
    1. What is the syntax for the M331 macros? When I try to just run M331 i throws an error message.
    2. I can't see that the M331 macro is used in the NC-file you post to UCCNC. Is it no longer necessary?

Cheers, Per

Hi Cahit,

The plugin now works and I can jog the machine also after having loaded a NC-file. It remains to be seen if the sporadic spindle enable is gone as well.

Questions:
    1. What is the syntax for the M331 macros? When I try to just run M331 i throws an error message.
    2. I can't see that the M331 macro is used in the NC-file you post to UCCNC. Is it no longer necessary?

Cheers, Per
    Hi pertakman,

M331 is no longer necessary after the arrival of UCCNC v1.2022.

Cahit

The sporadic spindle on behavior started with 1.2022 and the support team of UCCNC suspected your plug-in. I can't tell how plausible this is, but it scares me to change tools with the controller turned on until this bug has been confirmed and corrected.

Cheers, Per
    Hi Per,

That is scary... but in principle, can be caused by something else also, for example the way you control the VFD or the VFD itself. Can also happen due to an error in the VFD, sure, the plugin is suspected, but in fact, it could also be cause by many other things and even if it is caused by the auto leveller plugin and the bug gets fixed you will NEVER get a 100% warranty that this will never ever happen again. To prevent this from ever happening to me I installed a manual safety switch between the VFD and the spindle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V1_DSC_6543_800.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	334648

This is where I bought mine, since you are from Sweden, here is a link if you are interested.

Jula 3-phase safety switch

In general, it is a common safety precaution where there is the slightest risk for a motor to start up on it's own, which is the case with spindles directly connected to a VFD. A VFD should be seen as an RPM regulator only, and you would not put your hand in a meat mincer if the rotation speed is set to zero, would you? I mean, you don't really trust a potentiometer or the electronics controlling the meat mincer knife rotation, so why would anyone trust a VFD and all the electronics behind the spindle motor? In fact, there is even a warning in my manual about this, but in my opinion it is common sense that such thing MUST be prevented if manual actions, like tool changing, are necessary, and the way I see it, there are only two options, 1. switch off the mains to the VFD, which is not a good idea to do with every tool change because it takes pretty long time, or 2. install a safety switch which is flipped to off every time a tool change, or something else is necessary to under the spindle motor which requires your hands to be under or on the tool or the spindle, like auto zero or other type of referencing. Of course, this switch is not there to start/stop the spindle, it is there only to prevent accidents. It demands some discipline to flip the switch off every time and switch it on before the G-code is started, but it provides 100% safety if the routines are followed.

Page 2 of 6 1234