584,842 active members*
4,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Prolight / Light Machine TMC 1000
Page 1 of 2 12

Prolight / Light Machine TMC 1000

I wonder if anyone on the list with a PROLIGHT 1000 or Light Machines TMC1000 desktop mill is running the Windows WPLM 1000 software. I would appreciate an email from anyone running or with access to a copy of this older software.

Thanks

Gerald

I am running this software. PM me for details.

Hello,
    I am not running these machines at home but i do use them at college.
    I was wondering if someone could give me a copy of the software or tell me how to get a copy so i can continue my lessons at home?

Try this site:

http://www.intelitekdownloads.com/Manuals/CNC/

You can set the software to simulate mode, so you can try out your G-code at home and see how it works.

Thats just pdf manuals not the actual program.

Sorry - this is the program directory:

http://www.lightmachines.com/softwar...ks/accept.html

Thats just the service packs. But thats ok cuz i got the software already now.
    Thanks.

This is my final try...

I've had a TMC-1000, for a few years, even posted here a couple of years ago, but no luck. If I don't figure it out this time, it's going in the trash, or wherever these things go when they become giant paperweights (on the sale list and/or E-Bay) Anyway, here we go:

1. It used to work, I used it at work almost every day.

2. One at a time, the axis drive motors quit working.

3. When in Manual Mode, I can get the Spindle Motor to rotate.

4. If I give it an axis motion, I can hear the hum change pitch. The contoller counts as if it is moving, yet nothing moves. If I hit the "space bar" on the screen, it sounds like a hard stop is being hit.

5. If I open the cover, the indicator tells me, so that seems to be working.

6. Yes, I pulled the "E" Stop.

Again, one last try...

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

TMC humming in axis motor

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Echo View Post
    This is my final try...

I've had a TMC-1000, for a few years, even posted here a couple of years ago, but no luck. If I don't figure it out this time, it's going in the trash, or wherever these things go when they become giant paperweights (on the sale list and/or E-Bay) Anyway, here we go:

1. It used to work, I used it at work almost every day.

2. One at a time, the axis drive motors quit working.

4. If I give it an axis motion, I can hear the hum change pitch. The contoller counts as if it is moving, yet nothing moves. If I hit the "space bar" on the screen, it sounds like a hard stop is being hit.

5. If I open the cover, the indicator tells me, so that seems to be working.

6. Yes, I pulled the "E" Stop.

Again, one last try...

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry
    LEO's answer
    i had the same trouble,i was also having my tmc looseing my positioning while it was running.i found out when it was going in rapid that is were it was messing up.like just humming.i went in my SDR cam program and changed my feeds to under 20 inches per minute including rapid .i haven't had any more trouble.

WPLM1000 VERSION 1.0

Hi! where can I download WPLM1000 VERSION 1.5?
    I cannot install the WPLM2000 without the wplm1000.

PLS HELP GUYS!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! (by the way I need the 64 bit)

I hate to say it, but I just replaced all the old electronics and proprietary software on this one with a Gecko 540 and LinuxCNC (formerly EMC) driving it.
    For the cost it was worth not having the hassle. Machine runs far stronger and faster now too, with far fewer issues.

Your machine is fine, the problem is only the ancient and relatively crude electronics from the 1980's (effectively the bronze age of benchtop CNC). For $300 you can turn that machine into a serious contender again. Don't toss it, no reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanmunoz View Post
    Hi! where can I download WPLM1000 VERSION 1.5?
    I cannot install the WPLM2000 without the wplm1000.

PLS HELP GUYS!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! (by the way I need the 64 bit)
    Have you tried this site:

Service packs

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Echo View Post

OK. The spindle motor drive is a Minarik pcm drive board. The manual/cnc switch connects the analog input signal from the front panel pot or from the computer. Your test just proves the motor and drive are OK, waiting for an input from the controller.

I think the space bar causes a program halt, it should tell you right on the WPLM software screen. "The contoller counts as if it is moving, yet nothing moves. " Right. The software sends commands to the interface card, and hopes the interface card actually does send X,Y,Z pulses and X,Y,Z drive enable signals to the black box. It doesn't actually know if the motors did move, so those counts on the screen just show you what the software wanted to happen. In your case, the motors didn't move, so it could be the interface card (no pulses sent) or the black box (pulses didn't get received, or the stepper drive circuit aint no good no more).

I would start by checking the fuses, the obvious ones on the back panel of the black box. Then I would pull the interface card out of the pc and check the pcb fuse which passes 5V from the motherboard to the optoisolators, and also passes it down the cable to the black box. If that fuse is zorched, no data will be sent/received. If the fuses are all good then you get into more serious debug.

Quote Originally Posted by cameraguy View Post
    I hate to say it, but I just replaced all the old electronics and proprietary software on this one with a Gecko 540 and LinuxCNC (formerly EMC) driving it.
    For the cost it was worth not having the hassle. Machine runs far stronger and faster now too, with far fewer issues.
    Can you simply plug the existing stepper motors into this controller?

Also, were you able to use the power supply from the original control box?

If not, what power supply (voltage & current) did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by jskene View Post
    Can you simply plug the existing stepper motors into this controller?

Also, were you able to use the power supply from the original control box?

If not, what power supply (voltage & current) did you use?
    You likely could, but whether they would be a good fit for the G540 is another story. They may not be well matched.
    As for the power supply, I would not use the original just due to voltage. IIRC, it was just very low voltage, as in stupidly low by todays standards, driving a set of old 297 chips in a little box attached to the back of the Z column. I just tossed the whole lot.
    The G540 can take a 48v supply, and I would go with that, and motors matched to the G540. All that can run you almost $500, but you would be up and running with a modern, supported, warranted, and quite screaming machine.

Another low budget option would be to just replace the rats nest of stuff in there with a with a simple, cheap, low voltage single board driver from China.
    A complete all-in-one board with all the bells and whistles is like $50, and the size of a postcard, and it replaces everything in there now. I don't like them, and the performance of them is mediocre at best, but they would allow use of the stock supply and motors, and likely give you at least as good of performance as the original units would have when new (although by modern standards that isn't saying a whole lot)

Hope that helps. I converted mine before the 540 existed, so it wasn't an option. If I did it again today though, that's what I would have used.

Thanks, cameraguy.

my tmc 1000 y axis quit working.the monitor shows that it is moving but it is not.
    the stepper motor is a 4 wire system,does any body know what color wires goes where?

Can you provide a picture of the motor and driver?

I do. Not have board out yet, i will
    Take board out and take pic of stepper motor. I will check interface board too.
    Thank u

i am putting a new 3 axis Mechatronics 3 axis micro stepper motor driver board in it.i have not received it yet.
    i will use Mach 3 software,maybe.
    stepper motors a good,i talked to light machine and thye told me it could cost between $200.to $1000. to fix problem with the boards

Page 1 of 2 12