585,762 active members*
4,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak YMS H25Q M2 Controller Questions Concerns

Just out of curiosity, is there anybody else out there running a Mazak YMS H25Q with an M2 controller or anybody with an M2 controller for that matter? I'm working with this YMS H25Q my company bought before they hired me to run it. I'm the only one here with CNC training so I'm kind of by myself here as far as that goes. I've also never run a Mazak before so luckily this machine has ISO which is what I was trained on. However I keep running across problems as you would trying to get a 1986 machine up and running again. I can't talk to the guy that used to run it because he's dead and the Mazak Service and Applications Department in my region don't know much about it and the manuals are not very detailed. So, back to the original question, anybody out there still running one of these?

Re: Mazak YMS H25Q M2 Controller Questions Concerns

My vqc 20/50 is an m2 controller but don't know if theyre the same
    Regards Bob

It's entirely possible Bob. I ran into a problem with mine late last Friday. It must be looking ahead about 3 lines from what I can tell because it threw an alarm that said illegal data input and the only thing I can figure out is it doesn't like the radius I was about to cut which was R76,800.00. Any ideas? Are you running under Mazatrol or ISO?

That's right Rusty. Depends on the parameter setting as t how far it reads ahead. I got caught with the same thing for a while till someone mention that it reads ahead. Had me stuffed why I was getting a msg of incorrect radius or something similar on a line that had no radius. Yes i'm using Mazatrol. Another thing I found when running one radius into another unless you have the exact dimension it will give an error. I was drawing the part in AutoCAD to 2 decimal places and putting that in Mazatrol. Had me stuffed for quite a while till I just tried changing my cad settings to 3 decimal places and inputting that figure and away it went. Even .001 out would throw an error.
    Regards Bob

Thanks Susdy. I'll talk to the Engineering Dpt. (My Boss) and see just how close the dimensions are. I'll also play with the Look ahead parameter. I did stumble across it one other time just checking them to make sure they were right.

Turns out this machine won't read a radius as big as 76,800.008. Had to do some straight line programming to get around it. Now if only my ATC worked properly, I'd be golden.

For some reason my ATC arm worked great up until a week ago. Now the arm is positioning it self to close to the spindle so when it rotates to grab the tool, it hits the tool but can't grab it fully and then pulls the tool out and drops it.