584,826 active members*
5,170 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Alarms, Corrupted programs, Still waiting on Haas tech support

Alarms, Corrupted programs, Still waiting on Haas tech support

Yesterday one or our operators ended up with a corrupted program. While he deleted all the programs from memory 4 would not delete. I started working on it. Enabling the 9000 series and deleted everything from active memory except the O00000 program. When I tried to reload programs back in I received alarms all over the place. I tried loading a backup from January and it did not go. This is a VR machine and I have lost the A,B axes and the hard drive is not showing anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160406_110524.jpg  

Re: Alarms, Corrupted programs, Still waiting on Haas tech support

Quote Originally Posted by tjamscad View Post
    Yesterday one or our operators ended up with a corrupted program. While he deleted all the programs from memory 4 would not delete. I started working on it. Enabling the 9000 series and deleted everything from active memory except the O00000 program. When I tried to reload programs back in I received alarms all over the place. I tried loading a backup from January and it did not go. This is a VR machine and I have lost the A,B axes and the hard drive is not showing anymore.
    In my opinion, wait for your tech. There is to much to go wrong with a VR machine if everything is not happy, even if you did get all the alarms to clear. Not what you want to hear I am sure.

Good luck and post back what you find out, if anything.

The tech came in the next day. He started reloading software to the machine, then another tech came in and they started arguing about why this and it should be done this way. Three hours later the left. I spent the next day traming the head, setting spindle oreination, and adjusting tool change height. Currently the machine is not running again. It seems the parameters and software didn't work together. We could not run 5 axis and that is pretty much all we do. So its Friday afternoon and I wont get a tech until Monday. It went down just after lunch Tuesday. At this time the machine has lost all the installed options, and will not take a backup the tech created on Wednesday.

The tech came in the next day. He started reloading software to the machine, then another tech came in and they started arguing about why this and it should be done this way. Three hours later the left. I spent the next day traming the head, setting spindle oreination, and adjusting tool change height. Currently the machine is not running again. It seems the parameters and software didn't work together. We could not run 5 axis and that is pretty much all we do. So its Friday afternoon and I wont get a tech until Monday. It went down just after lunch Tuesday. At this time the machine has lost all the installed options, and will not take a backup the tech created on Wednesday.
    Why did you let them go before they finished the job? Why did you set tram, SO, and TC height?
    The tech's should have stayed there until the machine is up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Why did you let them go before they finished the job? Why did you set tram, SO, and TC height?
    The tech's should have stayed there until the machine is up and running.
    The NYMAT techs in this area often leave before it is completely up and running. It was about 6 that night when they left.

The NYMAT techs in this area often leave before it is completely up and running. It was about 6 that night when they left.
    I understand needing to come back the next day to finish, but it's sad you have to put up with service that does not finish a job to the end; it makes no sense to me.

I can see not doing certain things if the customer wishes to complete on their own to save money and are capable, but unless instructed to do so, I never considered a job complete until the machine was ready to cut chips.

Good luck getting back up and running.