584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: UCCNC Help

UCCNC Help

Hello
    I have been using Mach3 with cnc drive - HDBB and Dugongs on a cnc knee mill professionally for the past 6 years, 6 days a week all with the help of Balazs ( He RDP into my mill and tuned all 3 axis and configured mach3 ) . I have finally dropped mach3 just was getting buggy - but I did like the configuration which I imported into UCcnc -
    The tools offsets are a bit confusing - I am use to a touchoff tool a #1 and all other tool offsets measure from it - I do not use any electronic probes or sensors, and am use to tool changes taking place at the home position when the machine starts up. I tried the park positions and run into my limit switches / M6tXX with M6 enabled in general config again run into limit switches / M2XX macros same thing. Is there a way to make a button run an MDI command ? I have also tried tool touching the top of the work piece and from the manual MDI G43 H1etc and no update of tool table.
    I Have been successful so far being able to still use master cam with a default post even though the post for mach3 drew atom smasher tool paths for arcs

any help in macros or other info would be great

Thanks
    JB MACHINE LLC
    www.jb-machine.com

Re: UCCNC Help

Quote Originally Posted by extsuba View Post
    Is there a way to make a button run an MDI command ?
    See this thread where I asked a similar question:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...o%20attach%20C script to a screen button ??

The new graphical screen designer allows you to easily add a button. See the instructions in the UCcnc manual.

Instead of giving the button a number (Identifiers / buttonnumber on the screen editor selection tab), give it your custom macro, e.g. M20000

In a text editor create your macro code then save it as M20000 or whatever.

Look in the main UCcnc directory and open the "Documentation" sub-directory for more info on macro functions, etc.

Keith.