585,763 active members*
4,575 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My new syil X3

My new Syil x3

I recently purchased a Syil X3, it came down between a tormach and the syil but I choose the x3 due to the fact that when I called they were very willing to take the time to explain their machine.

I ended up deciding on the syil over the Tormach for a few reasons, Price, weight, software, and support. I am sure tormach makes an excellent machine but the syil seemed to fit my needs and budget better.

I make small paintball gun parts and accessories, and recently finished a prototype for a new marker. I am putting a new marker on the market and it was time to upgrade from my maxnc cnc machines to something with more capability. I ordered the syil x3 with everything they offer.

My first experience with syil was very positive; I liked how they handled all my questions and were very upfront about the abilities and limitations of their machine. It says a lot for Richard handling a sales conversation like that.

Packaging was superb and the crating was more than sufficient for protecting the mill. Except for a miscommunication from the shipping company (they came without a lift gate). Ever thing went perfect. Jeff kept me informed on when and where my package was.

I built a new bench, and placed the x3 in my basement instead of my shop since I am up late very often and plan on running it as much as possible.

The only setback I have suffered was that by the time I had it cleaned and setup it was the weekend and support was gone and I am a little confused on how to set it up. I am sure I can remedy this Monday.

Here is what it looks like partially unpacked.

The table I built. Very level.

Finally set up. It took 4 of us.

I have no idea what this plug does.

More to come

Nice!

It looks like the table was painted... are you going to use coolant?

Can I ask what you are going to be using for workholding? I'd love to see a few pictures of a 4" kurt style vice on the table.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Congrats on you new machine, just wondering if you purchased it with the software? How much did you pay for everything?

I too have been looking at the syil x3 machine. One reason being there local (there only 4 hours away) and there about the most complete CNC package that I have found.

Yes i will be using coolant. The table was painted as a waterproofing..

Yes i purchased bobcadcam, and mach 3 both of which imust say im extremely impressed with. The training cd's i got with the bobcad cam are absolutly priceless.

I will be bouncing between a 5 inch vise and clamp set as i cut many parts out of castings.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion99999 View Post
    Yes i will be using coolant. The table was painted as a waterproofing..
    If you are using flood and not mist, I'm wondering if you will have a problem with your table being so level. How will you collect it?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion99999 View Post
    I will be bouncing between a 5 inch vise and clamp set as i cut many parts out of castings.
    Cool... I'd love to see how the 5 inch fits on...

Thanks!

-Jeff

Jealous

Congratulations,
    I will be watching your thread as I have also been watching the same machine. I also live about 4 hrs. away from them (244 mi. south). Have fun, I haven't ever run a cnc mill so it would be a real learing experience for me. College of the Readwoods, which is about fifteen miles from me does have cnc classes so may have to talk to them.

Rich

i plan

I plan to add a few drain slots as well as multiple drains. Ill add more drains if need be.

Just pulled some wax out of my molds can't wait to try the new machine out on them!!!

Our america team it is best.i`m very proud them working.we will learn them and focus our quality.
    Syil china.
    xushuo
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

The X3 has my attention and with your post, I lean toward this machine as a future purchase.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    I'm currently running a MaxNC 10CL. It took a lot of time to me to make the machine “workable”. Adjusting gibs, servo errors, etc. You know all that…
    Maybe it’s too early but based on your MaxNC experience how does the Syil conversion comparable to the MAX? I know it’s a different league. But since you have a MAX I dare to ask.
    Are you planning to cut stainless or aluminum? I prefer alu and my concern it that the Syil is a bit slow for alu. Ok you can cut deeper but how about surface finish?
    How is accuracy comparable to the MAX? Max has a really good closed loop controller (if you fix the servo errors)
    What is your impression about the syil’s controller?

Thanks,
    James
    Vancouver,BC

No comparison

The syil x3 is completely out of the the maxnc 15 i have. There is no comparision. My maxnc was not accurate and broke down often when cutting aluminum. They are more suited to plastic and the software is dismal.

This machine is heavy duty, i did test cuts last night and was amazed at the night and day difference between my two machines. If anything the syil cuts much faster than i am used to. i slowed it down, based on past maxnc performance it didn't need to be slowed down. It sliced through brass and aluminum like butter.

Mach 3 is an amazing program, i wonder if the performance of my maxnc would improve if i ran it on mach 3...even so they just aren't powerful enough to compete with this machine.

Again i cannot express the value of the customer service these guys provide. Richard (thanks Richard)spend 2 hours with on the phone after hours helping me set my machine up. Sacrificing quality family time to help a customer as dumb as me goes a long way in my book.

I will continue to buy products from these guys because i like how they run their company. I cannot give this machine or these guys a high enough grade, i am very very pleased.

Derek aka Legion

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your fast response. I forgot to ask one thing.
    How noisy is the syil ? How much noisier it is than the MAX? I live in a townhome and I don't want to drive my neighbours crazy.

cheers,
    James

noise

noise is slightly more due to the larger motor but not significant

Derek, did you get the 3500 rpm spindle upgrade?

Thanks!

-Jeff

yes i did

yes i did...i loaded it with all they offer.