585,752 active members*
4,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

"Not Ready" at startup

I've read as much as I can about this but maybe I can get a little more help?
    I recently bought a used Hardinge Conquest 42 lathe (it has Fanuc OT cont.). I had it inspected and everything was fine at the time. After we shipped it, leveled it, and wired it I now get this when trying to startup:

0615-07
    PMC: L1.8-C
    Not Ready

I checked the fluid levels and everything is fine. After I press the on button for the controller I hear the hydraulics start to gain pressure and then cut out, all within about 1 second. If I release the E-stop and press the E-stop Reset button I can hear and see the hydraulics gain full pressure but when I release the button they drop.
    There is no alarm code on the LED readout and both Servo boards have a green light. There are three relays with red lights: Collet Chuck Closed, Tailstock +, and Control on Timer. Also there are redlights on the Tailstock + and Collet Closed solenoids.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

check the sencor on the back of the spindale there should be one it may need ajusted on my older deawoo if i dont have my collet just right it wont allow it to go far enough back so the machine thinks it not chucked
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

hi ,
    i have seen some problems like this on t51 could be, hold poweron estop release ,turret index not clamp or miss position ,or slip clutch triped on z or x axis

Are the axis taken to the overtravel limits for shipping?
    You need the schematics to trouble shoot, it will make all the difference,
    Often the start button is in parallel with the OT's to allow jog off the limit, by holding in the start PB.
    Hopefully you got the manuals, complete with the parameter list or copy including the option parameters?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.