584,805 active members*
5,153 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy FC customer service

I have a FC system on my mill for 2 years now. Had some great customer service at first with tech named Tyler Hart at FC. However lately
    they have been ignoring my questions and have learned that Tyler Hart no longer works for them from Ron Worth. Ron forwarded my questions
    to a new tech Zach Scott back in Feb. this year.
    I still haven't heard back so I am wondering if anyone else has had problems getting responses from FC? I have no real complaints about
    the software or interface box since it works ok using a USB port on the laptop I use but my questions had to do with "cycles" and my last
    conversation with Tyler he told me he could supply a "circle cycle" (these cycles are like wizards) which never happened. So this
    and a question about making my own "cycles" to add to the menu of "cycles" has not been answered by Zach either.
    Whats up with these people? I am beginning to think FC may have a great product but their customer service really has problems!

Thanks,
    Bruce

Re: FC customer service

I no longer get any responses from them. I agree when Tyler was there he was always very helpful. Sounds like they gave up on certain products or are struggling as a company. Not sure which.

Dan

Bruce, I had asked Tyler a while ago about cycles as well...but I don't remember what the particular question was. It might very well have been about circles. He had sent me a cycle that was still in beta but I never had a chance to try it out. I'll look in my files and see what it is and post back here.

I had contacted FC about the Mni-i/o expansion and found out Tyler had left. He was a really good tech support rep. I ended up having some conversations with Anne about the mini i/o and purchased it. Still have to get around to installing it.

Dave

Ok I checked and what Tyler had sent was a beta of a circular pocketing cycle. There's a polygon under the custom cycles too, but I don't know if that came with version 4.5. I haven't tried running it so I can't say how 'beta' it is... He sent it to me April 28 of 2014, so it shouldn't be too far out of date. I suppose you could try running it in a simulation mode if you wanted. Let me know if you want it.

Dave

I bought the kit for my grizzly lathe a few months back. I am also in contact with Zach Scott. Not much difference in my results. I haven't had much luck at all with their customer service.. And can't seem to find any help online. I don't really know what to think about them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyminnow View Post
    I bought the kit for my grizzly lathe a few months back. I am also in contact with Zach Scott. Not much difference in my results. I haven't had much luck at all with their customer service.. And can't seem to find any help online. I don't really know what to think about them anymore.

So I called the service line today.. Much better results. Talked to the same guy. Walked me through everything I needed. Calling is the way to go.

I'll toss in my .02 on here. Flashcut is local to me. I have never had any issues dealing with Anne, Ron or Zach.

I did go there a few times to ask them a billion questions and Zach knows his stuff and is always willing to help. He always answers my emails in a timely fashion. Hell Ron will answer my emails on weekends and holiday weekends. I never have any issues. He just answered one on Sunday at 10:30pm

Make sure when you email them, to email the entire team. [email protected] I have gotten responses from the other techs there too that are just as helpful. If not just call them. I always get somewhere with a phone call.

Also in Zachs defense from what I can see he has a lot of on his plate. Software updates, tech questions, product development etc.

Had great luck myself, but I did call.
    A lazy man does it twice.

This is 10 years old post but I want to say something about the consumer services nowadays. Yes I'm not saying about customer services. Actually recently I have read a post on topic how many jobs are available in consumer services. I found that about billions of jobs are in USA in this field. I'm really impressed with it. Do anyone has any knowledge about it, is there any other field which is higher in job numbers than consumer services?

Hello,
    I have sticky pickle:
    I ran a brand new FC setup on a Warthog. I cut all kinds of flat stock jobs.
    I screen shot every config screen of the well operating system.
    Then one day the x,y lengths finished short by about 1.5" for every foot. Happened just short of warranty expiration.
    40 inches is no more. Now like ~36"
    Motors are fine because I can drive the head out to the 40" but the measurement is incorrect.
    I sent unit in and they tested fine. I reinsert and have same problem.
    I have Gecko drivers. The short range is consistent.
    I have an ATmega 256 setup that I am going to insert to 'see' to isolate out the FC unit. PIA.
    Falco is my support goto and has been helpful. But being everything is off site its tough for others to see.
    This was 2 years ago just as COVID plandummy hit so I have am finally back on it.
    I am hoping some one has an answer before I go swapping out controllers.
    $4k is a chunk wasted too. I like the software. I use Vectro pro. The measurements are correct. Its just the table drive is short.
    Thanks in advance for any answers.