584,812 active members*
5,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

adding three lines of code before a tool

I have just recently come up on a programming issue that is driving me batty! I program several Amada's, I nest using SMP\IS by Merry Mech. The issue I am having is this, in the programs for the EM2510 Amada, the operators like to have the machine punch to raise, slow down before the slicing tools during nesting. Station T237 on our machines. codes M13, F3,M692 just before it uses the station. I can't for the life of me figure where to make the post add it everytime. Any help would do.

Re: adding three lines of code before a tool

You know, I would have thought it would be a simple include file to fix my issue, I'm certain it is, I just don't know where to insert it. It shouldn't be that hard.
    it would be just simple text like a notepad, Sure I guess I can just cut and paste till I'm blue in the face, takes a couple of extra clicks and gets the job done. I was hoping for an include statement that I could add and make it add it every time it sees the tool.

still need help with this, getting annoying. now...actually past annoying, just down right annoying.

How are ok generating your programs ? On machine or on cam system

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    How are ok generating your programs ? On machine or on cam system
    Hi, I'm using MerryMech, SMP/IS cad/cam programming software. I program 2 EM2510 amadas.

Is your SMP machine driver set up to use the TLS lookup file? This is a text file that you can set the various M & G codes for individual tools. It is located in the Accessories/D_Tools folder. File is named "TLS_XXXX" where the xxxx is your driver number. It does not have a file extension, so double click it and open it with Notepad (don't use Wordpad). I've attached a screenshot of what mine looks like for our EMK3510M2.

I can tell you that SMP is not able to automatically insert a feedrate call. I've questioned them on this and basically gotten the shoulder shrug.

I add M692 and F calls through the user function menu (Single NC ->Modify->Insert->User Functions) which you need to set up beforehand in the machine file Item 126. You can also jsut do it by manually editing the code through the NCT button.

M13 will only post if you have an M-code change (M500,M501 etc)

Have to be honest, I really miss Dr Abe for just this functionality. You could set a dozen codes before and after a tool if you wanted.