585,996 active members*
4,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > HOW TO GET TRAINING IN INSTALLING OPERATING AND MAINTAINING A LASER CUTTER

HOW TO GET TRAINING IN INSTALLING OPERATING AND MAINTAINING A LASER CUTTER

I bought a big laser cutting machine from China.Itcuts leather, acrylic and other non metal materials.It also cuts thin stainlesssteel ( 1.2 mm thick ).It's 150 watts and operating surface is 2.5 meters x 1.3meters.I will receive it in few weeks .I never had a laser machine before orknow how to use it.I looked for training courses but I couldn't find.I live inMontreal.I need training and support in the instalation operation andmaintenance of the machine.How do I find ? pls help tell me what to do or howto find training and get knowledge
    ...I was supposed to go to China for training but Ihave a 3 months old son that needs me everyday now .Thank you

Re: HOW TO GET TRAINING IN INSTALLING OPERATING AND MAINTAINING A LASER CUTTER

Its not that difficult to pick up the best way to learn is to use it, simple common sense is most important you only have two eyes and some materials give of dangerous fumes, plenty of information on the web I've used Co2 to cut most non ferous materials, find the threads on the forums and find a jobs to use it for so you have goals and targets that can be researched and practiced, I 'm a great believer in learning by doing something worthwhile it concentrates the mind.

Make sure cooling for tube is adequate and if not included consider installing flow sensor and temperature sensors tubes are expensive to replace because you forgot to check the cooling seen this problem several times with new users.