585,974 active members*
4,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Set-up / Steps per Unit / Threads per Inch

Set-up / Steps per Unit / Threads per Inch

I trying to configure Mastercam X for a first run. I'm familar with Mach3 but not MasterCam X. A few basic questions:

Where do I enter Steps per unit in MasterCam (ie threads per inch, steps per unit, etc.)?

Where are the velocity and acceleration settings for the motors in Mastercam?

What are the recommended com settings (baud rates, parity, etc.).

Is there a jog feature in Mastercam - just to test run the steppers to see if everything is working?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adda View Post
    I trying to configure Mastercam X for a first run. I'm familar with Mach3 but not MasterCam X. A few basic questions:

Where do I enter Steps per unit in MasterCam (ie threads per inch, steps per unit, etc.)?

Where are the velocity and acceleration settings for the motors in Mastercam?

What are the recommended com settings (baud rates, parity, etc.).

Is there a jog feature in Mastercam - just to test run the steppers to see if everything is working?

Thanks
    I am a little confused by your question. Mach3 is a PC software based CNC control. Mastercam is a CAD CAM program. Mastercam can help you generate G-code programs and drawings, solid models, etc but it doesn't have the ability to serve as a CNC control for a machine. You'll have to use Mach 3 or some other software to control your machine unless the machine has its own control.

Have I misunderstood your question ?

It looks like I'm the one that was confused. I thought Mastercam could control the CNC. Thanks for the clarification.