586,000 active members*
4,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Ruida RDC6442G LED 14 Blinking and laser will not fire

Good to know. Thanks. I am used to understanding that something is wrong when a led flashes...

Quote Originally Posted by zxhoon View Post
    LED 14 blinks because the controller is working, this is NORMAL

if LED 14 was not blinking then you would possibly have an issue in the controller

I have an issue, my rd dsp buttons not working, only reset button works,

Pls help me

Quote Originally Posted by Southcoaster View Post
    I have this exact same issue. I was in the middle of a cutting job and all of a sudden the laser stopped firing. The machine continued to run normally otherwise, moving the laser head, water and air were flowing, etc. but the laser does not fire now. Not while running a job or from manually firing with the pulse button.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm dead in the water right now.
    Possible solution;

I have an 80w laser with Ruida controller. I have a blinking led pin 14. I recently had a no fire on my laser, however, changing out the power supply unit solved that issue.

Does anyone out there have suggestions on how they get the ruida controller to read either USB or through the PC cables. I have a hp elitebook 8540W running windows 7

Thank you for that reassurance. Do you have any suggestions for getting the ruida controller to read through the usb and or the pc cable? Does anyone out there use the ethernet cable that comes with the unit?

Thanks!

I use the LAN/Ethernet lead only - but you have to assign a static IP address (you can make it up- eg 195.56.1.100) & gateway (255.255.255.0) to the controller. The PC and controller would not connect if you let the PC autodetect it
    Set the IP address in the controller display, and then tell RD works what the address is.
    I don;t use the USB, and we have about 10 metres of LAN cable between the laser & the PC.

P.S. as far as 'blinking lights' or LEDs go... here's the English translastion from me:

Turn the controller on. LED #15 lights up - that is good - means there's 24volts dc power in it. If it is not lit up, there's no power in the controller.
    The controller then sends the head off to home at (0,0) looking for the limit switches. In one of our lasers, home is back right corner, so LED #1 & #3 will light up when X = just past 0 into negative numbers, and Y = just past zero limits - the negative limits. Then the gantry will move off the limits by 5mm, to (0,0) and slowly rehome again. The LEDs will light when those limits are tripped. 2 & 4 are for the positive limits - at the other end of the bed- if used.

Then the head will be driven to wherever you saved the origin at. LEds 1 & 3 will go out as you're not at the home/limits.
    When the last saved origin has been reached, LED #14 (meaning "Run") will light, meaning it is ready to run your file.

If you plug an ethernet lead in, then LED12 will light to say the ethernet is plugged in, and 11 will occasionally light and flicker as it access your PC's LAN for data periodically, meaning information is happening.

You do not want #13 to light - that means ERROR.

The rest should be a bit self-explanatory.

I want a solution to this problem. Light No. 13 and No. 15 are flashing

As I typed above, #15, means that the RD controller is receiving 24v DC power ok,
    and #13 means there is a fault in the system somewhere, likely internally to the controller, not externally.

You can test that by unplugging all green plugs except the 24vDC power in, and the keypad console out, then turn it on, and see if 13 lights up.
    If it does, I'd suggest buying a new RD6442 or 6445 controller.

If #13 stays off, then the problem gets triggered by sometihng external - perhaps a weird short-circuit, like a jiggered autofocus switch or something a bit abnormal.

Page 2 of 2 12