584,800 active members*
4,747 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Ruida RDC6442G LED 14 Blinking and laser will not fire

I've been looking through the threads for Ruida RDC6442G and haven't been able to find an answer for my problem. When I turned on my x-sail 700 today the laser wouldn't fire and I looked at the control panel to find that LED 14 on the controller was blinking. Can anyone tell me what this warning light signifies and also if there is a way to fix this so I can continue operation my laser. Attached is a picture of the indicator light that is blinking. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruida RDC6442G LED 14 blinking.jpg  

Re: Ruida RDC6442G LED 14 Blinking and laser will not fire

I cant find the meaning of leds, but i remember that : panel control => Z/U button => Diagnoses+ and then show you some limited items. Maybe find a clue there...
    Martin.-

Maybe Marco or Nolan can tell us what this 15 leds means ... ?
    Martin.-

I have this exact same issue. I was in the middle of a cutting job and all of a sudden the laser stopped firing. The machine continued to run normally otherwise, moving the laser head, water and air were flowing, etc. but the laser does not fire now. Not while running a job or from manually firing with the pulse button.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm dead in the water right now.

I got same thing going on too, the control panel shows no issues, checked that first, but got blinking light, but my laser will fire once for about 3to 5 secs, that it. maybe someone might be able to point what it means on controller !!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2789.jpg  

I am having the same issue. Does anyone have any update on this?

Now i have my 6442. Looking carrefully, the label of each led is in the front of controller
    led 15 +5
    led 14 run
    led 13 error
    etc
    Attachment 323712

Someone take a look of item diagnosis in the lcd ?
    Martín.-

Yes, the LED is very clearly marked that it is "RUN". However, there is no indication of a blinking "RUN" diagnosis. There is no literature that describes what that means.

Hi regarding the machine working and then the laser stopping firing half way through a job is the problem I had and it turned out to be the PSU was faulty

in case of failure, all help and first aid given would see that the same machine, so the diagnosis menu, which for example indicates if any waterprot activated. Should give an alarm, but if for example the waterprot directly inhibits the PSU, the laser stop shooting and there will be no alarm ...
    The LED9 is on and this indicates that WP1 (water protect of laser 1) is active, I do not know if that is in alarm but this could be seen in the diagnosis ...
    The user of the first post does not indicate whether the head continued to operate without cutting, there is little information, so I sent you to show where labels were leds. There are many flaws and possibilities but more data are needed, we must contribute more to be helped.
    the head is still moving?
    The ammeter shows activity ?
    values ?
    the water is running ?
    I was tested bypassing water protect alarm ?
    the tube emits something ?
    I was tested to put an acrylic before the first mirror ?
    Another user below provided more information for you, your machine still moving uncut. There we can focus better
    Martin.-

i am not sure about the original poster but everything else functions as normal.

the water is running ? yes
    I was tested bypassing water protect alarm ? How do you bypass the water alarm?
    the tube emits something ? no
    I was tested to put an acrylic before the firs mirror ? nothing is being fired

BTW
    : I am not sure how to read the diagnosis window. I have been able to navigate to it but I am not sure what the " + or -" mean. I will go back and explore

bypassing water protection is at your own risk... be shure that the water is really running through the laser tube...

some PSU have a button for test, this button ignore the condition of water, then first try this (if your PSU have this button) : press the button test just a minimun time and look if the laser tube is firing

if not, with the machine running and linked via network, open rdworks menu file / vendor settings (password RD8888)
    a windows is open
    tab vendor param / other
    press button READ (read setting from the controller)
    disable Enable protect (i think this is enough)
    press button WRITE (write setting to the controller)
    close the window
    then do a test

If not work, with the machine off, put a cable between ground al WP1 and WP2 fisically in the controller
    in the PSU, you need to do the same, cable between ground and WP
    machine on
    then do a test

all this for a posible water protection problem (because led 9)

other things : the machine when start, move head to home ? or do nothing ? = the drivers and motors are ok and at leas the limits x and y of home are working
    can you move the head trough the table ? then the x and y limits seems to be ok, not limiting
    can you download and start a job (whitout firing, but moving) ? other way to be sure about drivers and motors are ok, and maybe the controller too
    Just some ideas...

Martin.-

the cable connection of every company is different, so I don't know what it mean LED14 Blinking on your controller, you should ask your supplier.
    and you can't find the problem if you just check your controller.
    Your laser would' fire, is it new laser machine or you had used it for a while?

It's a new laser cutter. We used it for about a week. The supplier has not communicated with us. The wiring is similar to the image in the beginning of this thread. Nothing happens when we test the power supply with the test button on the power supply.

The machine operates as normal when started. It will even follow the path as intended it will not lase though.

We were wondering if the Blinking (run) LED14 would indicate a bad power supply or coolant error but there is no instruction on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    the cable connection of every company is different, so I don't know what it mean LED14 Blinking on your controller, you should ask your supplier.
    and you can't find the problem if you just check your controller.
    Your laser would' fire, is it new laser machine or you had used it for a while?

LED 14 blinking is completely normal, you need to check if water protect input is seeing water flow from the flow switch, if not then it will not fire the laser.

Quote Originally Posted by zxhoon View Post
    LED 14 blinking is completely normal, you need to check if water protects input is seeing water flow from the flow switch, if not then it will not fire the laser.
    How do i determine if the water flow sensor is functioning correctly? Water is flowing well. We also ensured that there are no bubbles in the tube

Most of PSU, if you press the TEST button, ignore the water protection.

If you dont have response, need to divide the problem :
    1 - Do you have a ammeter between PSU and tube ? there is usefull in this cases, when you press TEST, the ammeter have to indicate something between 4 and .. 30 mAmp
    2 - The PSU have power ?. Most of them have a led
    3 - laser not fire, ok, you see the laser tube ? or just the laser head ? there is 3 mirror in the middle, the first mirror is the most exposed and maybe,maybe is damaged
    Martin.-

WP1 and WP2 are the water protect inputs, usually only 1 is used, does the LED for WP1 change state when water starts or stops flowing?

I had the exact same problem.

Did you solve yours?

Here is what worked for me.

https://youtu.be/NNsNWLN__fQ

LED 14 blinks because the controller is working, this is NORMAL

if LED 14 was not blinking then you would possibly have an issue in the controller

Page 1 of 2 12