584,837 active members*
5,606 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Small project ideas for hotel...

Small project ideas for hotel...

I recently went on a tour of a new hotel that is being built in my area which is not part of a corporation so everything will be hand picked for this hotel. They mentioned there is still alot of stuff they need to determine and purchase for the hotel so I starting thinking of small manageable projects/products I could produce for the hotel to make a little extra cash with my home built CNC machine. The ideas started with room signs but the braille typically required on room signs. Any ideas of simple cnc projects that could be used in a restaurant or hotel that I might be able to dive into? The hotel is on lake superior and has a rustic/modern kind of feel.

Re: Small project ideas for hotel...

I too live in Michigan......Flint here. Anyhow, what about rustic art....such as images cut into old saw blades, or things made from sections of trees and such. things native to the area with engraving and such.

As far as the braille goes you could always make an inlay for each room sign for the braille.

Quote Originally Posted by jreynolds5 View Post
    As far as the braille goes you could always make an inlay for each room sign for the braille.
    What type of inlay were you thinking? Just inlaying the dots or an inlay of a small plaque with the braille on it?

You need to make a small research. I would start from reading reviews on hotels on different online services https://planetofhotels.com/en/usa/kemah. This way you can find out what problems hotels usually have. And how can you help to solve. This is way you can create some usueful product.
    Last edited by abren; 03-22-2019 at 10:29 PM.