585,578 active members*
3,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Rofin Starmark C02 Laser, 10w Air Cooled - Need Help with Software!
Page 3 of 5 12345

Re: Rofin Starmark C02 Laser, 10w Air Cooled - Need Help with Software!

No number in your documentation...

Here is the picture for the ILK, do you have this red light with the grey cable ??

I do not see the screen shot of your Monitor program

Now I see the screen shot,

Your system is working !!

Light on the cabinet is probably broken...

----

Now you should read the LaerCad manual and start marking.
    Use the program : Control to start the marking

I have to go now, tomorow I be able to mail again

Best regards,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin1967 View Post
    No number in your documentation...

Here is the picture for the ILK, do you have this red light with the grey cable ??

I do not see the screen shot of your Monitor program
    I have the red light and have plugged it into the back of the cabinet to where it fits in that flat connector. That black sticker is in the back has been removed from what i can see in the photos, also i have those two rectangle plugs at the bottom of the cabinet.

Is there anything on those that will give us an idea of the voltages etc?

Now I see the screen shot,

Your system is working !!

Light on the cabinet is probably broken...

----

Now you should read the LaerCad manual and start marking.
    Use the program : Control to start the marking

I have to go now, tomorow I be able to mail again

Best regards,

Martin
    Hi Martin,

Strange thing, i noticed when i had the monitor program open to select the deflection head test and it appears to have some sort of error or red button on the Y axis like this screen shot. Do you know whats going on? When i selected to do a test in either x or y it advised below "failed". Is this a concern or a problem? I sure hope the deflection head is okay, this would be a big problem i think no?

Update: For some reason now both of them are red... not sure what happened and why?

I have gone into the Axis settings in parameters in hopes to try and move the axis around or get some sort of feedback. Unfortunately we are not getting any replies back and is resulting in the Error F83 Motion No Communication. Attached Screen Shot.

This comment appears in the book "One deflection head is connected to the LBS with 2 fiberoptical data cables and 2 power supply cables, each for every deflection direction. 1: If something at this wiring is not ok or the deflection head is damaged one of this messages will be displayed. 2: The head power supply (BLUM) is off or not in its correct position. 3: (quite common) One of the fiberoptics is not in deep enough in the interface connection (PCB called „SCDH“)"

I triple checked the cables, they are in tight!

What i did notice was that the power supply on the side of the cabinet sometimes has the lights 3 lights on for the deflection heads and sometimes off (attached below). Upon further investigation its a push style card that seems to sort of eject itself and not stay plugged in. Pushing it back in yields the 3 green lights on along with the fan running in the back. I am not sure if it registering the right power to the heads and thats why we are not getting any communication with them. Thoughts?

I am really hoping that the deflection head or motor for the head is not dead or something as i trust this would be expensive to replace?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deflection Head Test.jpg   1.jpg  

I have here about 20Mb of pdf's how to use LaserCad and laser engraving with our lasers in general.
    Can I upload to your app.box ???
    Martin,

Ill send you a private message, you just need to provide me with your email address and ill have you setup as a user. That way you can upload anything you want along with that configuration file you were talking about.

Thanks

No, these are not the label I mean.

It should be something with Baasel on it and the amound of power it uses and voltage etc.

Is there no backup of the old installation of this PC ?? the file is in C:\lasercad\cfg\starmark.cfg

- - - Updated - - -

But It should now be possible to open the shutter ???

At Deflection heads, it should be a 100mm lens
    Field is 70x70mm
    Hi Martin,

Did you have any luck on finding the configuration file for my machine? Perhaps this is the reason why the x and y axis in the deflection head is not working? Do both axis have to be zeroed out or returned home or something for them to be operational?

I have attached the original Production & Inspection Report here with a lot of details about my laser, this may help you in locating it? or maybe just some of the settings. https://app.box.com/s/u2xnb55rto5727b9fhz840kj07cukdfo

Martin,

I have taken the liberty to post up some of the settings i have made in the parameters or so, hoping we can get some configuration files for this machine to have it properly setup. This PDF details a lot about my SMG10 Laser, does this help find the config file? https://app.box.com/s/05f0whqfg8o99x2ydd5kahkm34uphsvy

1. Attached screen shot of the Setup Screen in the Parameters program. I have selected the C02 Laser along with X and Y Axis along with the only 1 deflection head and the type that i assume it is, Phytron? It is very clear that this system is a air cooled so that one was easy to select. The PLC program i assumed was the start and stop function as the download screen appears to have that phrase commonly appear so i assume this is what we needed. Beam Switch? Not Sure.

2. Attached screen shot of the Setup Screen and C02 Screen in the Parameters Program. These settings i have taken from the book or PDF (https://app.box.com/s/y81rkqj8xk8q86ls6x4xbfev5zswlno0) on page 51. Is this correct for my machine? I am not quite sure if i have filled out the max pulse correctly and i am not sure what is going on. That configuration file would come in handy at this point, ha

Let me know if you want to see additional screens or if there is something missing or wrong.

No, these are not the label I mean.

It should be something with Baasel on it and the amound of power it uses and voltage etc.

Is there no backup of the old installation of this PC ?? the file is in C:\lasercad\cfg\starmark.cfg

- - - Updated - - -

But It should now be possible to open the shutter ???

At Deflection heads, it should be a 100mm lens
    Field is 70x70mm
    Hi Martin,

Found this document in my books and scanned it in for you, does this still confirm we are 70 x 70? https://app.box.com/s/21ucmiulysddf1cod8kijendvbf9vx4o

More details here: https://app.box.com/s/u2xnb55rto5727b9fhz840kj07cukdfo

I have prepared like 100 questions for your return Martin ha

Hello Xavior,

You have found the correct info :-)
    Your field is a circle with a diameter of 70mm ,and scan SMG 10 A128.pdf shows the sn. of the system But is a older number that is not on the server.
    But you have the field correction data on paper it is on page 7, just fil in these numbers at Parameter/deflectionhead.
    Your head is a 100mm Then STORE these parameters,

At Parameters/ Options you can select Open Safety shutter. Now you do not have to press open in Monitor

Then marking should be correct.

PS can you clean your private mail box... It is full

Hello Xavior,

You have found the correct info :-)
    Your field is a circle with a diameter of 70mm ,and scan SMG 10 A128.pdf shows the sn. of the system But is a older number that is not on the server.
    But you have the field correction data on paper it is on page 7, just fil in these numbers at Parameter/deflectionhead.
    Your head is a 100mm Then STORE these parameters,

At Parameters/ Options you can select Open Safety shutter. Now you do not have to press open in Monitor

Then marking should be correct.
    Morning Martin,

Thanks for the information,I have prepared a bunch of questions here for your return

I have entered all the above information found on pg 7 of that inspection report and pressed store on the card and everything was sent over successfully, we are making progress! Lucky me that i still did have that information, but the deflection head error still worries me. Is that "Raster" information relevant to us on pg 7 too and if so, where do i enter it?

I have attached a screenshot of the settings made.

Inbox Cleared! Thanks for the heads up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deflection Head Parameters.jpg  

No raster info is not relevant
    What deflection head error ??

Press in monitor on the defl, head.
    This opens a test screen for the head.

Do not press x test or y test, this is for a special test box.
    Just make a screen shot of the red lights

Oke,

I saw som screen shots from Setup.

Deselect the X and Y axis, this is for external axis

At CO2, click on standard functions

The parameters are strange, but you are correct they are in the manual...

Whe have one old system at the company, tomorow I can check these values

No raster info is not relevant
    What deflection head error ??

Press in monitor on the defl, head.
    This opens a test screen for the head.

Do not press x test or y test, this is for a special test box.
    Just make a screen shot of the red lights
    Martin,

I have a post (reply to thread) below dedicated to this issue where there was some concern with the push card power supply and why i am getting these red lights on the x and y axis with the deflection heads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deflection Head Test.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	318514

Sorry about the double questions, but I just found out that my popup blocker works a bit to well :-)

The galvo thing, if it is broken, you get more led's..
    1 test:
    Shut down the system, open PC
    You can see that there is a flatcable from the LBS card to a small back plane, on the other site are the SHDC connectors (XY) and the power to the galvo plug.

The board is designed for 2 heads, first make shure that the flatcable is at the same side as the SHDC connectors on the other site and the power plug also.

If that is correct, shift all plugs to the second part of the board. When some one takes of or place's the galvo while the PC has power, the board can be damaged.

If that does not help, look in the schematic and check the values of the power supply

I looked at older picture, If all is still the same, use the second set of connectors

Sorry about the double questions, but I just found out that my popup blocker works a bit to well :-)

The galvo thing, if it is broken, you get more led's..
    1 test:
    Shut down the system, open PC
    You can see that there is a flatcable from the LBS card to a small back plane, on the other site are the SHDC connectors (XY) and the power to the galvo plug.

The board is designed for 2 heads, first make shure that the flatcable is at the same side as the SHDC connectors on the other site and the power plug also.

If that is correct, shift all plugs to the second part of the board. When some one takes of or place's the galvo while the PC has power, the board can be damaged.

If that does not help, look in the schematic and check the values of the power supply

I looked at older picture, If all is still the same, use the second set of connectors
    Martin,

Opened up the PC to find that the connector was on the right side and all the plugs for both the x and y along with the rounded cable was on X1 but still am getting the error. I tried yesterday switching the cables and the flat connection inside the computer yesterday and was getting the same error, both red. This morning i switched back to the original side, x1 and now it appears to be only the red on the Y axis like before. Attached photo.

I am not sure what to do at this point, this may be a big road block for us no? as if it needs to be replaced and much like the rest of the machine it would be expensive i bet.

As for the LED's, are you referring to the power supply lights for the deflection head or that box with the three led's? What appears to be happening is that if the cabinet is moved around the vibration causes the card to disconnect it self or something like that and it does not stay plugged in. Once i pushed on it the lights came back on and so did the power. My problem is still here unfortunately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Defl. Head Y Axis Problem.jpg  

The second sugestion is a bit more difficult.
    I saw that the head was disconected from the cabinet during transport.

If you remove the plastic coverss of the SHDC connectors You can see that the fiberoptic cable is in the LED sender and reciever.
    Use a magnifyer glass to see trough the plastic if the fibers are sticking in the reciever/sender til almost the end.

If not , remove the 2 screws that hold the electrical kabel in place , then you see a smal screw that holds a piece of metal that hold the fibers in place.
    Loosen this and push the fibers further in the reciever/sender.

It could be that there was tension on the plugs during transport ?

If you doubt, make pictures

As for the LED's, are you referring to the power supply lights for the deflection head or that box with the three led's? What appears to be happening is that if the cabinet is moved around the vibration causes the card to disconnect it self or something like that and it does not stay plugged in. Once i pushed on it the lights came back on and so did the power. My problem is still here unfortunately.

Maybe it is the connector it self, by moving it you changed the fiber position.

Some times it also helps not to bend the fibers to tight, give it some room, it can be verry sensitive, when the connectors are older, the power of the led goes down.

The second sugestion is a bit more difficult.
    I saw that the head was disconected from the cabinet during transport.

If you remove the plastic coverss of the SHDC connectors You can see that the fiberoptic cable is in the LED sender and reciever.
    Use a magnifyer glass to see trough the plastic if the fibers are sticking in the reciever/sender til almost the end.

If not , remove the 2 screws that hold the electrical kabel in place , then you see a smal screw that holds a piece of metal that hold the fibers in place.
    Loosen this and push the fibers further in the reciever/sender.

It could be that there was tension on the plugs during transport ?

If you doubt, make pictures
    There is three screws on the connector holding the x and y fiber cables that plug in the back of the computer. Let me open them up and get a real close photo of both for you to inspect and specifically the y axis as we are having issues.

Here is the photo of the led's inside the cable for the y axis, from what i can tell the bottom led (orientation of the picture) appears to be pulled back a little bit compared to the top one. Thoughts? Should i adjust this? Ill try and get a photo of the X axis and compare.

Comparison here: https://app.box.com/s/71s8dvn8krwxqe35v398dh7b3en7bfew

From what i can tell there is more of a gap on the Y axis cable between the two ends and what is happening on the X axis. The X axis appears to be more uniform, but this may not be a concern as they may both be connected just fine (x and y).

Thoughts?

Sometimes on verry old sytems, I do the folowing:

-Leave the plastic covers of
    -Remove the cable holder part and leave it of.
    -Make shure the plug is in with both screws so it can not drop out.
    Then with the power on, loosen the fiber holder screw, move with the fiber and observe monitor to get the led off.
    Now fasten the fiber holder screw and do not tough again....

Page 3 of 5 12345