585,722 active members*
4,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Rofin Starmark C02 Laser, 10w Air Cooled - Need Help with Software!
Page 4 of 5 2345

Re: Rofin Starmark C02 Laser, 10w Air Cooled - Need Help with Software!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin1967 View Post
    Sometimes on verry old sytems, I do the folowing:

-Leave the plastic covers of
    -Remove the cable holder part and leave it of.
    -Make shure the plug is in with both screws so it can not drop out.
    Then with the power on, loosen the fiber holder screw, move with the fiber and observe monitor to get the led off.
    Now fasten the fiber holder screw and do not tough again....
    Haha, i like your way of thinking. I have updated the post below with the appropriate photos for comparison of the cable Led's inside, have a look below. If we can't figure it out we can try this "wiggle it around" method to see if we can get it stick and go away. The other question i have is can i leave the deflection head window open and then play with it or do i need to wiggle and then go in and out of the test to see the results?

I think you should adjust this.
    It is the only thing you can do

Leave the window open , it works in realtime

Looking at the pictures, it is hard to see, just try it.

I think you should adjust this.
    It is the only thing you can do
    Martin,

I guess ill just unscrew the bracket holding the wire and push it inwards a little bit to match the other side correct? Ill see how far this takes me. Ill get you an updated photo once done to see what you think. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    Martin,

I guess ill just unscrew the bracket holding the wire and push it inwards a little bit to match the other side correct? Ill see how far this takes me. Ill get you an updated photo once done to see what you think. Stay tuned!
    Becarful, there are 3 screws , remove the outer 2 to get at the center screw that is unther the wires

Becarful, there are 3 screws , remove the outer 2 to get at the center screw that is unther the wires
    Here is the photos, do you see it moved more in line? Or am i just crazy? haha its soo tiny i am not sure anything happened.

https://app.box.com/s/71s8dvn8krwxqe35v398dh7b3en7bfew

Can you move with the plug in the PC ?, power off the system when removing and puting back the SDHC connector !
    See posts before

I can not see it clearly :-)
    What i can see is that the bottom one looks a bit rough like it is damaged.

Can you move with the plug in the PC ?, power off the system when removing and puting back the SDHC connector !
    See posts before

I can not see it clearly :-)
    What i can see is that the bottom one looks a bit rough like it is damaged.
    Did you want me to reassemble the plastic covers or plug it in like this to see if i can get it the Y axis to recognize? I can just plug that cable in and not worry about the X. What do you think?

Plug it in without closing the cover, screw it in place so it can not drop out
    Loosen the center screw and move around till LED is off

Close the working axis and leave it, only move the non working one

Y is the problem, leave x like it is

Plug it in without closing the cover, screw it in place so it can not drop out
    Loosen the center screw and move around till LED is off

Close the working axis and leave it, only move the non working one

Y is the problem, leave x like it is
    Martin,

Now things have gotten worse, plugged back in the X cable only to see now X is having a "temperature not ok" message as red. It was not there before.. why are things going worse ha? I didn't even adjust the X axis, just opened it up for comparison. Any ideas? Ill play the y to see whats going on.

Temp not oke wil leave after few minuts when head heats up. There is a heating element inside, no problem...

Temp not oke wil leave after few minuts when head heats up. There is a heating elemet inside, no problem...
    Took a photo of the Y axis plugged in and noticed that one beam is brighter than the other? This may be the problem, im going to remove the cover from the X axis and see how it shines. Is this suppose to be like that? I have tryed to wiggle the cable around and am still getting the same problem. Maybe i need to play with it some more or try moving it to the other side of the card and switch the flat computer cable inside the board and see if its better?

https://app.box.com/s/71s8dvn8krwxqe35v398dh7b3en7bfew

See above listed as "Y Axis Bring Only On One Side"

Edit:

Looks like they both shine the same, see the side by side comparison. Oh and the temperature error has left and we are all good on the X for that one!

What about the mis-alignment of the Y axis in the head itself? Is this possible and its not allowing for crash's to happen so its saying error?

The bright one is the LED sender, the other one is the return light from the head this is weaker it is a reciever

Try to move around and also move the cable it self to different positions It takes patience..... :-)))

Also screw the connectors with 4 screws ! I see on your picture that they are loose
    If one fall out, you can kill the interface...

The bright one is the LED sender, the other one is the return light from the head this is weaker it is a reciever

Try to move around and also move the cable it self to different positions
    Martin,

Let me see if i can do anything by moving in and out the connector from the computer. It is the receiving error that we are getting and you did say it looked like it was damaged possibly. Can these cables be cut and reinserted?

Yes they can be re cut , Ideal you need a fiber kabell cutter tool, it is a smal kind of knive with holes in the site '
    Cutting with a exacto knife is possible but not easy to get a straight cut

This is what I mean : https://www.google.nl/url?sa=i&rct=j...61951750754533

Other wise you get this problem:

https://www.wut.de/kpics/e-81600-13-piww-000.jpg

That is how your cable looked to me....

Try to move around and also move the cable it self to different positions It takes patience..... :-)))

Also screw the connectors with 4 screws ! I see on your picture that they are loose
    If one fall out, you can kill the interface...
    Martin how would i move the cable itself in different positions if the screws are tight? Are you saying that you want me to giggle the cable and not the computer plug to avoid the risk of killing the interface. I trust what you are saying is keep the cable plugged into the computer and tighten the screws and then just loosen the center screw of it and move it back and forth in and out and watch the screen for any changed. I know you said its real time but maybe its not as quick as i think and i should move it around and wait a second for the result. I mean, can i not just replicate the distance of the X axis? Wish it was that easy

What about the physical alignment of the heads? Can i open the box and take a picture for you perhaps something is out of line as i read in the manual that if its physically out of place it was be stopped to prevent a crash.

Yes they can be re cut , Ideal you need a fiber kabell cutter tool, it is a smal kind of knive with holes in the site '
    Cutting with a exacto knife is possible but not easy to get a straight cut

This is what I mean : https://www.google.nl/url?sa=i&rct=j...61951750754533

Other wise you get this problem:

https://www.wut.de/kpics/e-81600-13-piww-000.jpg

That is how your cable looked to me....
    You think its be re-cut by the previous owner maybe? and not done the right way and now we are facing the problem? I know what you mean about the sharpness of the cable due to the special light passing through. If we go down this route, we will get the right cutter to do this as i don't want to mess around.

"keep the cable plugged into the computer and tighten the screws and then just loosen the center screw of it and move it back and forth in and out and watch the screen for any changed"

That is correct, Do it slow, You can not compare the distance with the other one.. Just be shure that the center screw is a bit loose ( Holding blok has sharp edges to keep the fiber in place)
    It is not likely that ther is a mechanical problem with the head it self, never seen that.

By the moving the cable it self I mean that radius of the fiber kabel has an impact on the amount of light comming trough. So on the signal quality to the reciever diode
    Placing the cable a bit differnt some times helps.

I know, it is not a easy thing, I alwaye hated this when I had to do it. :-)))

Later on we started to replace the complete connectors. That was better, new diode higher signal.
    Last system that was not working, some one had bended the black hose more then 90 degr. Then the fiber breaks..
    Here we replaced everythng with a factory adjusted new cable set. That is expensive....

You see only one light, but it is a comunication fiber that transmit information at 30Khz puls frequency.
    Maybe you can ask him for info of the service history of this laser ??

You see only one light, but it is a comunication fiber that transmit information at 30Khz puls frequency.
    Maybe you can ask him for info of the service history of this laser ??
    Do we have all the proper information such as the laser type of Phytron? Perhaps maybe there is a setting that is not reading correctly? I have also attached some photos of the head itself in hopes to see if it has been touch or needs to be aligned?

Take a look under Laserhead for the physical photos of the head. The reason i am sending this over is because there was a few screws missing in the cover plate when we got it. https://app.box.com/s/9bi42d8t3ebti5djeccyu0pbq65yp8n8 <-- Under Laser Head

As for service records, it is not likely i will get it unless someone at Rofin can tell me based on the serial number what was officially done to it as the owner before me never had it working, so it may go back some time since it was operational. Did you see the original photos? They had some card setup on the machine where you inserted a card and the custom box before it lit up to advise it was ready for engraving. This was not working when i got it and likely never will as the whole computer was wiped of course.

As for bending the cable 90°, that black hose is quite thick to prevent that from happening and I dont think this is the case with us, but its always a possibility. We may end up having to recut the receiving cable or both to even them out to get it to see each other.

Page 4 of 5 2345