585,712 active members*
4,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Rofin Starmark C02 Laser, 10w Air Cooled - Need Help with Software!
Page 5 of 5 345

Re: Rofin Starmark C02 Laser, 10w Air Cooled - Need Help with Software!

Pytron has nothing to do with the laser, that is an external moving axis that you do not have.

I looked at IMG_20160428_121216.jpg and saw 1064 nm this is strange, can you remove the lens and make apicture from the moving mirrors ?
    The should be gold collor not silver collor.

For the rest, galvo looks fine. No isue there.
    The extra handling card has nothing todo with the fiber problem.

If you cut the cable, remove 4 cm of the grey outer shielding the you have more room to position and cut the fibers.
    And ofcours do the both of the Y as fiber send and recieve.

If you have them out and want to see wher to put them back, fiber that transmit light should go to the sensor with 3 legs.

Maybe take out the Y fibers now, and look for damage wit a good magnifier

Removing the head can be done by turning the ring between the rail and the head. It is screwed on with this ring.
    Of course no power on the system.

Discard the thing over the head, I checked sn with production form should be ok!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin1967 View Post
    Pytron has nothing to do with the laser, that is an external moving axis that you do not have.

I looked at IMG_20160428_121216.jpg and saw 1064 nm this is strange, can you remove the lens and make apicture from the moving mirrors ?
    The should be gold collor not silver collor.

For the rest, galvo looks fine. No isue there.
    The extra handling card has nothing todo with the fiber problem.

If you cut the cable, remove 4 cm of the grey outer shielding the you have more room to position and cut the fibers.
    And ofcours do the both of the Y as fiber send and recieve.

If you have them out and want to see wher to put them back, fiber that transmit light should go to the sensor with 3 legs.

Maybe take out the Y fibers now, and look for damage wit a good magnifier

Removing the head can be done by turning the ring between the rail and the head. It is screwed on with this ring.
    Of course no power on the system.

Discard the thing over the head, I checked sn with production form should be ok!!
    Martin

Without moving the head i have attached a photo of the lense and the mirror to the best i could, it is definitely gold. I have not had a chance to play with the cable yet moving it in and out to get a good signal on the receiving end of the Y axis. If i am getting only the alert for the receiving communication, i trust i don't need to mess around with the bright cable which is the sending one.

Here is the link under Lens Head for the photos of the mirrors. https://app.box.com/s/9bi42d8t3ebti5djeccyu0pbq65yp8n8

Unless you recommend me to take remove the Y fiber cable now and have a look. If it appears to have no damage, of course this is speculation, what would that mean for us? Would you recommend me to cut and reinsert it? I just need to find this cutting tool locally, can't imagine ordering it from Europe

Where in NL are you located? I was in Amsterdam last summer actually with my wife on our honeymoon, spend 2 months traveling europe from France, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia and Greece before returning home.

I wil leave the discussion for a few day's now I have a big job to do and leave for the weeken.
    Try the fiber thing and we talk next week

Best regards,

Martin

Remove the fiber cable and take a look, Now it is not working anny way.

the tool should be easy to find local/online.
    I am located in Rotterdam

Best regards,

Martin

Remove the fiber cable and take a look, Now it is not working anny way.

the tool should be easy to find local/online.
    I am located in Rotterdam

Best regards,

Martin
    Unfortunately we did not visit Rotterdam but i have a family friend, last name Engelsbel that lives there. Maybe next time my wife and I visit we will come say hello and repay you some how for helping me get the laser working. I think someone before me tried to get this working again by cutting it without the proper tooling and just made a mess of it. One looks perfect, its probably the sending cable but the other looks like it was shaved with a utility knife.

See attached here: https://app.box.com/s/tt61972eizy64a2gm8a1cola5w65zr4w

That does not look right like your photo that you linked me to. It appears someone has tried to repair this themselves like we talked about.

You would know best, what do you think?

Hi,

The fiber look really bad... Best thing is to try to make a better cut with the special tool.

Best regards,

Martin

Hi,

The fiber look really bad... Best thing is to try to make a better cut with the special tool.

Best regards,

Martin
    Hi Martin,

I have gone ahead and made the proper cut and re-inserted the cable into the port with still no luck. It is still red for the receiving of the y axis. I am lost for words, i was really really hoping it was going to be this. What is the next step for us? Do we need to go into the actual head and take a look? I am not sure what to do at this point as once i made the proper cut the end looks perfect.

What are your thoughts now?

Martin,

A friend of mine mentioned something interesting yesterday that sparked this comment to you. He advised me that the head or laser head would become weak or stop working based on the hours programmed into the machine of its life. Is this true? I hope not as the working hours on the front of the computer cabinet is quite high.. Reads "020780[1]" Where the 1 is the white dial that is changing with minutes? Not sure. What do you think?

hi did you get it solved? Its no problem in working timer . My lasers has 50k and still running . Cut the fiber with a sharp razeor . If not buy from farnell 2 new ones for 20$. Let me know if you need some help i have 5 machines in my shop

Page 5 of 5 345