584,862 active members*
5,431 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Vcarve in V26 - arc moves not working?

Vcarve in V26 - arc moves not working?

Is the vcarve routine in V26 not capable of generating arc moves? It has radio buttons for arc moves in the posting menu when setting up the vcarving and a setting for arc slowdown in speeds and feeds, but even having a drawing with nothing but two concentric circles as the geometry generates super tiny line segments. Am I missing something obvious or does this just not work in V26 with Bobart?

Thanks

Re: Vcarve in V26 - arc moves not working?

My initial experimenting seems to show that you don't get arcs in V-carve. That said, is there a quality issue when the parts are done? My experience has been that with modern controllers, its almost no longer an issue worth worrying about. If you have an older controller which runs jerky with segments, then I can see the disappointment. Seems that if the quality of the finished cut is to your satisfaction, that should be what matters most. If not, maybe you can boost the quality by adjusting the tolerances in the settings?

Not really a quality issue on the parts, more an annoyance trying to refine things. I was trying to speed up my feed rate and was more concerned about the inability of the arc slowdown settings not actually doing anything. Honestly, any of the issues I have with needing to slow down on the arcs is probably poor settings in Mach 3 on my part, but was disappointed when I realized that the setting did nothing.

Turn it up
    Your machine will be the limiting factor on feed
    If it starts beating the piss out of your machine,,then turn it down or buy a better machine
    I agree with mmoe