585,712 active members*
4,131 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 1995 Robodrill a-T10B 16mb control Lost Parameters No Backups. Help!

1995 Robodrill a-T10B 16mb control Lost Parameters No Backups. Help!

Spent all my money on a nice old Robodrill. Turned out it had a bad LCD monitor. $49 later and that part works great. The day before the new screen arrived the SRAM messed up and lost all the Parameters. I had taken pictures of the basic parameters with the blurry messed up screen but did not know how to back up pitch error,relays, timers, counters, cap data, macros, options (9900's) or programs. Thanks to Methods I received a set of parameters that is somewhat close to my machine. Also Tom over at Nexas Networks has helped a ton.
    Today I managed to get some of the machine moving. I retyped all the parameters I received from Methods comparing them to my blurry images of my originals. I dumped in some programs I received from Tom and a Pallet Changer one I found on here. Turned on the correct relay k15 for the Pallet loaded and it powered up.
    Since this has no home switches I jogged the machine until the diamonds were lined up on each axis and toggled parameter 1815 bit 4. Then restarted the machine. Seems to be close. I could use Robodrill specific instructions for dog less homing. Guess I'll call Methods next week.
    The Turret macro worked once when I reset the turret location using the on screen reset commands. When I try and do a tool change now it gives me a error (1015 Tool Change Inhibit Area) Can't find that anywhere.
    Spindle works. Jogging works. Short simple warmup program works. So making progress build it back slowly with the wrong information.

Immediate needs:

Proper method for setting Zero on each axis. Robodrill specific. year 1995 with 16mb controls absolute encoders
    I no longer have Super Cap. It was there before it was there when I checked about half way through entering parameters. Now gone.
    The Methods document has several sheets on Quick Conversation data. 6101-6200 (no normal parameters) and 1-512. I have no idea where to enter this.
    Get the tool changer to work (1015 Tool Change Inhibit Area)
    list of programs that should be on this. I have 9020,9021,9022,9029, and 9040 Along with proper Parameter calls for them. Am I missing anything
    Macros. Are there custom macros I could be missing?
    Relays. Anyone got a list of what they do. I would like my oiler to work.
    What are the timers and counters for and where can I fine descriptions for each?

That should get me almost all the way there.

I can't believe with over 200,000 Robodrills sold there is so little information on the net. I have to wait 2.5 months to get manuals for the machine from Methods.
    I have called Fanuc and Methods both, and neither have a record of my machine. It came out of Arizona from X5 Manufacturing. In case someone out there has a backup of the parameters. I could really use them. Or a manual. I have all the Control Manuals just none for the Robodrill specific..

Donny

Re: 1995 Robodrill a-T10B 16mb control Lost Parameters No Backups. Help!

What is the FANUC SN? (Starts with E)
    What is the Robodrill SN?

P955TF581
    E95403363

Quote Originally Posted by STLMachinist View Post
    What is the FANUC SN? (Starts with E)
    What is the Robodrill SN?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteriver View Post
    Spent all my money on a nice old Robodrill. Turned out it had a bad LCD monitor. $49 later and that part works great. The day before the new screen arrived the SRAM messed up and lost all the Parameters. I had taken pictures of the basic parameters with the blurry messed up screen but did not know how to back up pitch error,relays, timers, counters, cap data, macros, options (9900's) or programs. Thanks to Methods I received a set of parameters that is somewhat close to my machine. Also Tom over at Nexas Networks has helped a ton.Today I managed to get some of the machine moving. I retyped all the parameters I received from Methods comparing them to my blurry images of my originals. I dumped in some programs I received from Tom and a Pallet Changer one I found on here. Turned on the correct relay k15 for the Pallet loaded and it powered up.Since this has no home switches I jogged the machine until the diamonds were lined up on each axis and toggled parameter 1815 bit 4. Then restarted the machine. Seems to be close. I could use Robodrill specific instructions for dog less homing. Guess I'll call Methods next week. The Turret macro worked once when I reset the turret location using the on screen reset commands. When I try and do a tool change now it gives me a error (1015 Tool Change Inhibit Area) Can't find that anywhere.Spindle works. Jogging works. Short simple warmup program works. So making progress build it back slowly with the wrong information.Immediate needs:Proper method for setting Zero on each axis. Robodrill specific. year 1995 with 16mb controls absolute encodersI no longer have Super Cap. It was there before it was there when I checked about half way through entering parameters. Now gone.The Methods document has several sheets on Quick Conversation data. 6101-6200 (no normal parameters) and 1-512. I have no idea where to enter this.Get the tool changer to work (1015 Tool Change Inhibit Area)list of programs that should be on this. I have 9020,9021,9022,9029, and 9040 Along with proper Parameter calls for them. Am I missing anythingMacros. Are there custom macros I could be missing?Relays. Anyone got a list of what they do. I would like my oiler to work.What are the timers and counters for and where can I fine descriptions for each?That should get me almost all the way there.I can't believe with over 200,000 Robodrills sold there is so little information on the net. I have to wait 2.5 months to get manuals for the machine from Methods.I have called Fanuc and Methods both, and neither have a record of my machine. It came out of Arizona from X5 Manufacturing. In case someone out there has a backup of the parameters. I could really use them. Or a manual. I have all the Control Manuals just none for the Robodrill specific..Donny
    hello do you get the parameters?? i lost too all parameterscan you pass me the parameters? please have you a email?

I have Robodrill Alpha T10-B 1995 with the fourth axis nikken Fanuc 16MB
    i lost all SRAM data
    can any one have SRAM data soft copy
    please help me