584,798 active members*
4,365 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Arduino > Arduino CNC Shield GRBL unwanted stepper movement

Arduino CNC Shield GRBL unwanted stepper movement

Good day

I have bought a arduino cnc shield and loaded GRBL on the arduino , i have confugred grbl using G code sender . i am having an issue where by when i move the X axis the Y axis makes a small movment (small jerking movement ). However when i move the Y axis the X axis remains still(works properly).I also noticed that its only occures when initiate movment on the X axis once the axis is in motion there is no movement on the Y, the movement is small but after a few initiation of X axis movement this throws off my Y axiz position. I have changed the driver , seprated the motor wires form each other. changed microstep settings and i have seen no change in behaviour. Any idea what might be wrong ?

Re: Arduino CNC Shield GRBL unwanted stepper movment

Humm...I have the same setup basically...Arduino Uno-gShield. Never had that issue at all. You might get on the Shapeoko2 forum and ask there. Those folks have extensive experience with that setup.

The Shapeoko Forum ? Index page

Quote Originally Posted by GRoopan View Post
    Good day

I have bought a arduino cnc shield and loaded GRBL on the arduino , i have confugred grbl using G code sender . i am having an issue where by when i move the X axis the Y axis makes a small movment (small jerking movement ). However when i move the Y axis the X axis remains still(works properly).I also noticed that its only occures when initiate movment on the X axis once the axis is in motion there is no movement on the Y, the movement is small but after a few initiation of X axis movement this throws off my Y axiz position. I have changed the driver , seprated the motor wires form each other. changed microstep settings and i have seen no change in behaviour. Any idea what might be wrong ?

Re: Arduino CNC Shield GRBL unwanted stepper movment

Quote Originally Posted by fretman_2 View Post
    Humm...I have the same setup basically...Arduino Uno-gShield. Never had that issue at all. You might get on the Shapeoko2 forum and ask there. Those folks have extensive experience with that setup.

The Shapeoko Forum ? Index page
    I have been looking around the net for similer problems so far no luck hopefully i will find the problem or some one might have a idea .

Re: Arduino CNC Shield GRBL unwanted stepper movement

I had the same issue with steppers doing the chatter movement just like yours. I had figured out I was getting interference from the power supply powering up my LED lights mounted to the gantry to light up the work area.I moved the LED power wires away from the stepper wires and now I have no more stepper chatter.

Re: Arduino CNC Shield GRBL unwanted stepper movement

it`s a power supply noise, try using a PC power supply on your arduino