584,830 active members*
5,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 18 12311

Skyfire CNC owners?

I stumbled upon Skyfire, and for what the machine looks like, it looks like an attractive price point. I am looking or some owners to chime in with their experiences buying, receiving the machine, and opinions of the machine.

Was the buying process straight forward?

Did you get what you expected?

How long did it take?

Is the machine up to spec?

Any support available?

Re: Skyfire CNC owners?

Read the Long Thread from the beginning to the end Thread i ordernd of skyfire 2 years ago and still waiting ,..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Read the Long Thread from the beginning to the end Thread i ordernd of skyfire 2 years ago and still waiting ,..

Thats scary.... Can you tell me the name of the thread so I can search for it? I would like to read it to understand the delays

Look at Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...are-forum.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Look at Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...are-forum.html

Will do, thanks.

On my most recent order from SkyFire the Fedex tracking Number gives an expected Delivery Date of May 3rd. This order was placed One week ago. I will report on it after the package is opened
    Hubert

Quote Originally Posted by hab82 View Post
    On my most recent order from SkyFire the Fedex tracking Number gives an expected Delivery Date of May 3rd. This order was placed One week ago. I will report on it after the package is opened
    Hubert
    Was this a new machine, or accessories? Curious to hear its coming from Fedex.

You can find more details on my approach on the following thread
    New Machine Build- My Skyfire SVM-2 build
    This order was for the parts I needed to do the advance work so I can have the controller ready for the Mill when it arrives. I plan to have the mill sent by ship, although it probably depend on how big of a hurry I am in once it is ready for shipment. Almost of the SkyFire machines are customized.

Quote Originally Posted by hab82 View Post
    You can find more details on my approach on the following thread
    New Machine Build- My Skyfire SVM-2 build
    This order was for the parts I needed to do the advance work so I can have the controller ready for the Mill when it arrives. I plan to have the mill sent by ship, although it probably depend on how big of a hurry I am in once it is ready for shipment. Almost of the SkyFire machines are customized.
    Hi, my SVM-0 mill arrived in 10 days from China by sea........Skyfire.com arranged the shipping at their end and I engaged a broker to receive it at this end.

Back in '98 I imported a used tool and cutter grinder from the USA and it came in 2 days by FEDEX AIR.....cost a grand then as no other option was offered for international buyers.

BTW......I would be more inclined to say that all Skyfire machines are optimised as opposed to customised.......customising suggests the machines are modified and not made with off the shelf parts in whatever shape you want them, but I suppose they could be customised if Defeng agreed to it and you paid the price.
    Ian.

I hear you can get an "optimized" mechanical PDB! Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by inov8r View Post
    I hear you can get an "optimized" mechanical PDB! Hahahahaha
    No you cannot.........learn to speak ENGLISH.....I have to only one made.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi, my SVM-0 mill arrived in 10 days from China by sea........Skyfire.com arranged the shipping at their end and I engaged a broker to receive it at this end.
    Ian.
    What he forgets to tell you is he was waiting for around 2 years after ordering, like all of us that ordered one.

My recommendation is look else where.
    I've had mine sitting on the shop floor doing nothing for almost a year now, due to issues of it gaining steps. No manufacturer support, and its looking like a cnc controller replacements at this rate.

Hi rustyh

We're based in South Africa and sell the Skyfire machines to our local market. We are not part of Skyfire CNC, we only act as an agent selling their products locally.

If you want to PM us we can hopefully help you troubleshoot your issues.

We've sold a few machines and our customers are very happy.

Jonathan

Who gives a sh!t.......I have exactly what I optioned for, having done the research very carefully to achieve that end.......now I'm a happy chappie.

Skiyfire.com backed me all the way and bent over backwards to get me up and running.......it doesn't pay to get out of your depth when it comes to machinery you don't understand.

Nothing CNC controlled, with modern components, is beyond a good tech's ability provided the control system hasn't been messed around with or mismatched as an option.
    Ian.

I don't know about a 2 year wait. I ordered mine in April Could have had it shipped in July but since I wasn't ready for it asked them to do some additional work. It is now stateside working it's way to me though customs and freight companies. I still have some work to do on my shop before I am ready for my SVM2-1p.

Hi....the 2 years was because of the initial problems Skyfire.com had and the need to relocate and set up all over again......but now it's more stable and the supply problem is just a memory.

We will of course expect a load of photos of the arrival and uncrating also the setting up and first chips etc.
    Ian.

Hello Guys,
    From placing an order for a custom (mostly mechanical only with spindle motor and VFD) SVM-2, it was ~6 weeks from order until it arrived in Melbourne Australia.

It will clear through customs in the next few days, I will collect it from my office when I return home from my overseas trip.

So Ren stepped up big time, extremely happy with his service delivery on this.

Cheers,
    Beano

I have been waiting 3 years for my part i have ordered.
    They do not reply to my emails $2500 gone.

Same happened to me as well not even an apologize an later whatever just took the money and whatever
    So it is a little like kickstarter but the money is gone when it exceeds 1/2 Year you can do nothing
    Maybe if he has an machine avail what fits to what you ordered you might be lucky but you can not sue someone in china !!!
    Meanwhile i founded a company which does european build mills and it works well

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory B View Post
    I have been waiting 3 years for my part i have ordered.
    They do not reply to my emails $2500 gone.
    Hi Greg.......3 years......what did you order for $2,500.........can you give more details.
    Ian.

Page 1 of 18 12311