584,846 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 15 of 18 51314151617

Re: Skyfire CNC owners?

BUYER BEWARE---- ANYONE LOOKING AT THESE. There is a group on Facebook and anyone bringing problems to light or breakdowns on these is getting BANNED and BLOCKED. The admin Jason Baldwin is covering up all these problems so the factory keeps taking cash. HE will erase posts that have any troubles with the machine brought to light by people. This video was erased from their page and the poster was banned! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dFaO9W6PdU

He realy banned Arron what a dick
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TiFab View Post
    BUYER BEWARE---- ANYONE LOOKING AT THESE. There is a group on Facebook and anyone bringing problems to light or breakdowns on these is getting BANNED and BLOCKED. The admin Jason Baldwin is covering up all these problems so the factory keeps taking cash. HE will erase posts that have any troubles with the machine brought to light by people. This video was erased from their page and the poster was banned! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dFaO9W6PdU
    I don't get what people like you get from doing things like this. Is it jealousy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a public service announcement - Skyfire is obviously falling down on the job and potential buyers need to be warned of the deceptive behaviour on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Its a public service announcement - Skyfire is obviously falling down on the job and potential buyers need to be warned of the deceptive behaviour on Facebook.
    Aside from the fact that Aaron appears to have got the wrong end of the stick with a few things, the poster knows this and knows why his post got removed and he got banned from the Facebook page and it wasn't for posting that video.

The childish cherry picked nature of the post on this site says it all.

You seem very biassed about this; so what's the full story? There are a lot of users reporting problems or very long shipping delays and potential buyers should know about that. I for one have avoided a potential disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    You seem very biassed about this; so what's the full story? There are a lot of users reporting problems or very long shipping delays and potential buyers should know about that. I for one have avoided a potential disaster.
    I'm not biased at all and I don't see how you came to that conclusion from my post. The guy is a typical internet troll. It's worth noting he's also banned from the Tormach groups for exactly the same reasons.

He comes across as bitter and jealous that he's unable to afford a machine, that's my opinion from reading his drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    I'm not biased at all and I don't see how you came to that conclusion from my post. The guy is a typical internet troll. It's worth noting he's also banned from the Tormach groups for exactly the same reasons.

He comes across as bitter and jealous that he's unable to afford a machine, that's my opinion from reading his drivel.

I am actually still in the group , I wasn't banned from anywhere. I am not in a Tormach group sorry. Sounds like you are witch hunting someone to keep them quiet. Feel free to spend your money on whatever anyone likes it doesn't affect me.
    I have seen over and over people who have actual concerns their conversations just disappear and they are gone from the group. This video Aaron made was posted yesterday and then it was gone from the page along with all the conversation regarding issues.

1. Jason who is the moderator received a new machine then went quiet for 2 weeks , only after he was repeatedly asked then we find out he has been putting a NEW upgraded controller in his machine ?? That's strange. Excuses for late deliveries were because of waiting on controllers. Come to find out they are discontinued outdated controllers that are no longer supported. That seems odd going into a new machine it is already unsupported. Sounds like someone got a deal on a pile of outdated electronics.

2. Otto who received a new machine also went quiet for 2 weeks after receiving it, this is after the video clearly showed his tool changer didn't work from the factory. He then explained there were some mechanical issue as well as software issues preventing the proper operation of the machine.

3. DCTteacher the actuator arm has already gone bad for the tool changer ( sound familiar?). I highly doubt it was because of bad air , it takes longer than 8 months for that to happen unless the components are of really poor quality.

4. Jan never chimes in unless it is to receive praise, if there is a problem he is a ghost and won't reply. There are at least 3 dealers of Skyfire in that group so they have the best interest of keeping this going so they can make money. Eon Machining who received a skyfire got special pricing as well as the factory financing his machine. Watch his unboxing video , he says it quietly to someone right in the video. I assume the moderator is getting a deal and kickbacks as well.

5. Jack who is in this thread somewhere had is door wasn't assembled correctly and numerous issue leaving the machine not functioning 100 percent when he received it and had to have Jason work with him over the course of a month to get his machine running properly, yesterday all of the sudden he makes a video saying how happy he is with the Skyfire right after Aaron comes out and tells the truth about his issues with Skyfire. Coincidence maybe? but in the video he talks about people treating skyfire like a red headed step child and picking on them so it sure seems like a PR save.

6. Aaron DCTteacher is now recommending Syil not Skyfire in all his comments on his video, Enough said there.

Spend your money however you wish but here is some of what you may have missed lately as it keeps disappearing from the Facebook page, unless people start sending a clear message they don't want to spend 20K to rebuild a machine when it arrives that's exactly what you will get.

Skyfire CNC owners?

I am actually still in the group , I wasn't banned from anywhere. I am not in a Tormach group sorry. Sounds like you are witch hunting someone to keep them quiet. Feel free to spend your money on whatever anyone likes it doesn't affect me.
    I have seen over and over people who have actual concerns their conversations just disappear and they are gone from the group. This video Aaron made was posted yesterday and then it was gone from the page along with all the conversation regarding issues.

1. Jason who is the moderator received a new machine then went quiet for 2 weeks , only after he was repeatedly asked then we find out he has been putting a NEW upgraded controller in his machine ?? That's strange. Excuses for late deliveries were because of waiting on controllers. Come to find out they are discontinued outdated controllers that are no longer supported. That seems odd going into a new machine it is already unsupported. Sounds like someone got a deal on a pile of outdated electronics.

2. Otto who received a new machine also went quiet for 2 weeks after receiving it, this is after the video clearly showed his tool changer didn't work from the factory. He then explained there were some mechanical issue as well as software issues preventing the proper operation of the machine.

3. DCTteacher the actuator arm has already gone bad for the tool changer ( sound familiar?). I highly doubt it was because of bad air , it takes longer than 8 months for that to happen unless the components are of really poor quality.

4. Jan never chimes in unless it is to receive praise, if there is a problem he is a ghost and won't reply. There are at least 3 dealers of Skyfire in that group so they have the best interest of keeping this going so they can make money. Eon Machining who received a skyfire got special pricing as well as the factory financing his machine. Watch his unboxing video , he says it quietly to someone right in the video. I assume the moderator is getting a deal and kickbacks as well.

5. Jack who is in this thread somewhere had is door wasn't assembled correctly and numerous issue leaving the machine not functioning 100 percent when he received it and had to have Jason work with him over the course of a month to get his machine running properly, yesterday all of the sudden he makes a video saying how happy he is with the Skyfire right after Aaron comes out and tells the truth about his issues with Skyfire. Coincidence maybe? but in the video he talks about people treating skyfire like a red headed step child and picking on them so it sure seems like a PR save.

6. Aaron DCTteacher is now recommending Syil not Skyfire in all his comments on his video, Enough said there.

Spend your money however you wish but here is some of what you may have missed lately as it keeps disappearing from the Facebook page, unless people start sending a clear message they don't want to spend 20K to rebuild a machine when it arrives that's exactly what you will get.
    Another post full of half truths and spin.

I saw the Facebook thread and it was a load of childish bickering in the comments, that is why it was removed and you know it. I assumed you're the instigator from the Facebook post considering that disappeared and then the butt hurt post appeared on here. That Facebook group also has a fair number of Tormach owners on one of whom pointed out that the person in question had also been talking sh** on the Tormach pages and been banned from there.

You might be right there may well be some big conspiracy between Jason, Defeng and the agents, we will find out in due course. On the flip side, China is a real competitive and cut throat industry, don't you find it a little odd that Aaron Powter is all of a sudden best friends with the Syil boss, and he's apparently recommending Syil machines to people... a company with an apparent long track record of supplying faulty crap... does he even own a Syil? Has he ever used a Syil? What's this recommendation based on?

There are obvious flaws with skyfire from customer relations to lacklustre QC. They appear to be working at it. Ultimately they are a small, young company that has got swept off their feet after the initial batches of machines went out, there's bound to be some hiccups. AFAIK none have shipped with major faults, and I absolutely agree completely that they shouldn't ship with any flaws in the first place, and they have also taken criticism on board, Salvun has found several issues that have then been rectified straight away in the next builds.

When alls said and done, trolling and spinning a load of crap, of which there has been a fair amount of, helps absolutely nobody and I really cannot fathom the reasons why people wish to do so. If you felt like a skyfire wasn't a worthwhile risk to invest in, good for you, I do not see the reason to keep banging on about it. Maybe people are just jealous and hope skyfire fail in order to feel vindicated that they made the right choice when they took their money elsewhere?

People who talk BS get court out in the end, you just don't talk to them. Arron has a friend with a Syil,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mmpie seems to think I have an interest in where people spend their money. ( IF YOU WANT A SKYFIRE BY ALL MEANS BUY A SKYFIRE PLEASE DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY)!

I have watched this goat dance for months on that page and person after person removed. One guy had a machine on order trying to get answers and he finally let loose because his money was in the wind. Never heard from again I don't know what his outcome was. Mmpie you sure are getting upset over this for some reason.

"I have noticed when people get their boot pulled off in the mud and are stuck up to their knee they tend to not like it when everyone is out of the hole laughing at them they want someone else to be stuck in the mud with them." - That's my 2 cents of whats happening.

Skyfire CNC owners?

Mmpie seems to think I have an interest in where people spend their money. ( IF YOU WANT A SKYFIRE BY ALL MEANS BUY A SKYFIRE PLEASE DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY)!

I have watched this goat dance for months on that page and person after person removed. One guy had a machine on order trying to get answers and he finally let loose because his money was in the wind. Never heard from again I don't know what his outcome was. Mmpie you sure are getting upset over this for some reason.

"I have noticed when people get their boot pulled off in the mud and are stuck up to their knee they tend to not like it when everyone is out of the hole laughing at them they want someone else to be stuck in the mud with them." - That's my 2 cents of whats happening.
    You're a funny man, and proper clown shoe. Looking at your post history on here I know exactly who you are now (not the guy I originally thought), I've pulled you up on your drivel on the Facebook group before.

Upset? Ha ha, believe me... Far from it. You're amusing, in a twisted sort of way. Your quote, taking irony to the extreme.

I've no idea what you're getting from this. From the look of it you don't and never have had any intention of buying a skyfire and seem intent purely on waffling as much BS as you can think of and just stirring sh**. Surely, seriously, you can find something better to do with your life... quite sad really, but each to their own.

So, now we're degenerating to the snide remarks and bickering stage......about time this thread got closed if all you can resort to is personal attacks.

It's for the common good that posts are here........no one wants to have a bun fight with anyone who feels a bit peeved...........if you have an issue with a product it's best for your credibility status to keep it civil and to the point.......personal attacks are childish.

BTW, just for the record.....I'm the owner of a SKYFIRE machine so any remarks I make are straight from the horses mouth........a lot depends on the validity of any remarks if they apply to a particular machine and not a general observation across a broad spectrum.......no manufacturer can be 100% perfect all of the time.
    Ian.

You're right Ian, maybe I shouldn't have called him names, but I'm not diplomatic and I say it how it is.

In this instance locking the thread would just fuel his blather, it's not the solution here.

I am actually still in the group , I wasn't banned from anywhere. I am not in a Tormach group sorry.

Hmm...

yes Mmpie you have made your point that is enough A

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:withstupi mmpie Um so what , a post from some dude in the same group as me proves something? That changes how these machines are operating? I am in the Taig group with him.
    Once again not in a Tormach group , sorry and if I was such a terrorist in the Tormach group wouldn't I just post over here in the Tormach section if I was banned? Give it up

Since I happen to be right in the midst of talking to both manufacturers and paying attention to what is happening while I try to make a purchase decision I'll chime in. First I think it should be evident to everyone from all the noise you can find out there that Skyfire and Syil both could use some work in several areas. If I look around I can see people all hyped up about the new machine order they just placed. Watch them wait patiently for delivery. Be all giddy when they get it and then go sour the moment the first issue appears. It's like watching multiple personality disorder in machine land play out. Here is my perspective on it.

1. Anyone ordering from either company should resolve with themselves that they aren't ordering a commercial quality VMC. They aren't Haas, Mazak or any of the other top flight machines. The home gamer making parts and tinkering is an odd market for any of them to address. We usually don't have the space, power or budget for the commercial VMC's. Unless you are starting a business spending the amount of a nice German touring sedan on a piece of equipment doesn't make a lot of personal financial sense in a lot of cases. That leaves you looking for something a little less expensive. That's a tough market.

2. Those top flight machine orders don't go perfectly every time either. I suspect they all do their very best to QC the machines to perfection before they leave the factory but there is one thing the big VMC companies do for the customer that does not happen with lower cost consumer VMC's. That is the onsite setup and testing. That is part of the premium of the purchase price of those machines. That goes a long way to having a happy customer upon delivery and first use of the machine. Both Syil and Skyfire might do themselves a lot of good by addressing the QC issue in a two pronged approach. A QC check before it leaves the factory floor and then having the units shipped to the US distributor, the crate opened and the machine QC'd again before crating it for final delivery to the customer. They may not be staffed to do such yet but the first QC has to happen every time. That would go a long way to ensuring that anything damaged or misaligned on the boat ride over is corrected before the customer receives it.

3. They need to let the problems be heard while also addressing them and making the customer whole. That's how you develop a solid reputation and I believe that is why Tormach has the customer base and support that it has. Still a tough business for the crowds they are targeting because everyone has an opinion and it seems some are very easily sent off the rails at the slightest issue. We all get disappointed when something we spent money on breaks and that only get worse when the price is larger but there seems to be a little too much "I'm so happy" to "I should have never bought this junk don't buy it." in YouTube land.

4. I am glad I don't participate in Facebook groups.

I can see a 30 year veteran of CNC machining not being interested in the lower to middle tier of the equipment market if they have been using top flight commercial gear for most of their career. But I have also seen a lot of them on several boards who have clear opinions of who makes the best, most reliable machines and who makes **** boxes. One will say Haas is the greatest while another will say Haas is **** and you should only buy Mazak or Mori machines. Opinions are every where and some times it is very difficult to filter the noise out.

I have inquired to both Skyfire and Syil about a potential machine purchase. So far both could improve on their communication and information delivery to the customer. The language barrier is real and needs to be taken into account for some of this. Both offer something Tormach currently doesn't and that's linear ways on the class of machine in which I am looking. Only one of them fits my space requirements. One is already talking heavy discounts in exchange for YouTube presence. Something I am likely not to do. You can't buy my opinion. The buying experience could be better in this market segment. Either is likely to be a better machine than my current machine. It's not perfect but when I bought it my goal was to get into this as inexpensively as possible while I learned a new skillset. I achieved that goal and now want something a tick further up the scale but don't feel I can justify the purchase of a new commercial VMC. The used commercial market is a no go for me because I could easily buy a machine that needs repairs that I miss during the purchase process due to lack of experience so I am wary of the used market. I am still not sure which direction this will go but I am approaching it with a great deal of caution.

Exactly Kenny. That's all this post was about. Good luck on your journey!
    You are correct if Tormach did a BT30 and linear ways these other machines wouldn't even be a consideration with the excellent Tormach customer service

Hi Everyone, I'm the guy named Jack that Tifab referred too. I'll give you my low down on my machine. As far as me posting a video saying how happy I am with my machine right after Aaron posted his was a coincidence. I saw Aaron's Video after I posted mine and was shocked as most of you where. As far as my door not working correctly that is a yes, it would not slide all the way open and I found it hitting on a slider, fix it, should not of had too but I did. The rigid tapping did not work in the beginning and with Jason's help it was a VFD gain setting that was wrong, which we should have not of had to fix. In the meantime I used floating tapping heads to overcome the issue. Also the coolant would not turn on and that was a 2 minute fix switching an output from #4 to #11 So yes it was not 100% right when I got it. Yes the wait was 6 months for my machine, forever. I've had the machine now for about 5 months and am I happy? Yes, disappointed in Skyfire management? Yes. Was I disappointed that my machine had issues, Absolutely. Do I work or have any connection with Skyfire, No!!! I've used my machine almost everyday since I've gotten it. Yes, there are other horror stories out there that are probably worse than mine. Does Skyfire have management issues and a skeleton crew trying to get orders out, Yes. Why does Jason have a new controller to try? It's because we thought the issue may have been the controller so Jan Bos sent him one to check and see, also to see why 3 D machining was so slow. Well they figure both of those out before the new controller is even hooked up. Rigid tapping was a VFD setting and 3D milling needed the usb file transferred to the 4650 controller because the USB 1.0 was too slow to run the files. So at this point Jason just gets to play with the new controller as the issues are fixed. One last parting note, a friend of mine has worked for Haas as a repair man for new machines for 15 years. He went to work everyday to different shops all over Michigan fixing problems on new machines. Does that mean we should never buy a Haas? or does it mean we just don't hear about the issues? Again am I happy with my machine? Yes I am, would I buy another? yes I would if the wait time was not as long. Would it have been nice to call a Skyfire repair man to come out and fix my issues like Haas? Absolutely!!!
    Do I know the inside and out of my machine because of these issues, yes. As far as a PR save, no freaking way, I just wanted to post a video showing my experience and show off a new automatic flood coolant control. If I had any idea I was going to be the focus of any of this I would have not put up a video at all. Or if I would have seen Aaron's video before I would have mentioned him in the video as we do talk now and then but I had no idea he was posting a video. In fact I have a Kangaroo on my Skyfire that I named Aaron because he helped me out in the beginning with my machine. I do agree with someone else's post though about TiFab maybe being a troll or working for another CNC company, why else would he be so vocal if he does not own a Skyfire? That is the question that needs to be answered, what's in it for him? Good samaritan? Doubt it. The sad thing is we all have to listen to him because we got sucked in by "The Sky Is falling" Pitch. I do agree on a couple things though, if your in a hurry, don't buy, if you want customer service buy a Tormach and add about $5000 to get something close with steppers or a Haas Mini mill at about $40,000 and get service to your door and a lot bigger machine. Or buy a used machine and deal with changing bearings, ball screws etc. to get it right. There are many ways to go for sure. I bought a Skyfire, got what I paid for and 5 months in I'm jazzed. I'm I going to be happy in a year who knows, I could be dead but right now I'm having a lot of fun.

Page 15 of 18 51314151617