585,557 active members*
3,400 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > fanuc oi-td boot system backup problem!!!!

Exclamation fanuc oi-td boot system backup problem!!!!

Hello cnc masters.Can me help.please.My cnc fanuc oitd model..i dont backup because protected..how to disable protected.Boot system....THanks everybody..

Re: fanuc oi-td boot system backup problem!!!!

Normally you can only do a sram backup in the boot menu. System files don't need backup.

Try for entering in boot menu with press together two extreme buttons of the arrows <- ->.

You can NOT. Even in User Private mode. Fanuc now requires a special card that must be inserted next to the monitor to allow saving of these files. Only Fanuc has these cards. If you were to lose these files Fanuc can restore them for you. The files that will come out Fanuc can not restore for you so you better have those saved too. Don't forget to press page down to get to all the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by agering View Post
    Try for entering in boot menu with press together two extreme buttons of the arrows <- ->.
    Agerin i can enter boot menu .but i cant backup sram and system file......write protected priblem

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    You can NOT. Even in User Private mode. Fanuc now requires a special card that must be inserted next to the monitor to allow saving of these files. Only Fanuc has these cards. If you were to lose these files Fanuc can restore them for you. The files that will come out Fanuc can not restore for you so you better have those saved too. Don't forget to press page down to get to all the screens.
    fanuc special card?only for fanuc?

"Fanuc now requires a special card that must be inserted next to the monitor to allow saving of these files. Only Fanuc has these cards." please clarify 'now': as of when? What is so special; about them?
    I have always used sram pcmcia cards in the BOOT mode; the 'i-series' can also use linear flash cards, afaik.

From the picture, it says memory card full. According to your screen, you need at least a 2.6MB memory card to back it up. You cannot split the file onto 2 or more cards/files. Make room on your memory card.

drdos is correct. DO NOT backup System files. That is FANUC software. On the new controls, saving them will REMOVE them from the control, the only way to load them back in is with a special card that FANUC does not provide customers.

stl my cf card empty but cnc say:memory card full(

Try Formating the Card in BOOT

formated but dont work