585,951 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > post for milltronics

post for milltronics

I just loaded madcam. I am looking for a post for Milltronics VM17 Centurion 6 control. I am going to call tomorow but thought someone may know if Madcam came with a post library and tool library.

Also I have a post for visual cam. Will this work with Madcam?

Thanks in advance.

Re: post for milltronics

Quote Originally Posted by cgmaster View Post
    I just loaded madcam. I am looking for a post for Milltronics VM17 Centurion 6 control. I am going to call tomorow but thought someone may know if Madcam came with a post library and tool library.

Also I have a post for visual cam. Will this work with Madcam?

Thanks in advance.

Ok I found the folder with the library. I was able to pic machine type and tool library but I still can't pick the post for Milltronics. If I go to the folder in explorer I can see the Milltronics post and open it without a problem but Madcam does not see it when I try to look for the txt file.

I am away from home so can not look at the program to,get you the exact location but in when the post window opens you can c click and change what post prosessor will be used.

Ok I found the folder with the library. I was able to pic machine type and tool library but I still can't pick the post for Milltronics. If I go to the folder in explorer I can see the Milltronics post and open it without a problem but Madcam does not see it when I try to look for the txt file.
    Did you install on Windows 10? It's common unfortunately that the settings for Madcam misses the library folders when installed on W10 and that might be your problem. Check if there are correct settings in the configuration display.

Quote Originally Posted by svenakela View Post
    Did you install on Windows 10? It's common unfortunately that the settings for Madcam misses the library folders when installed on W10 and that might be your problem. Check if there are correct settings in the configuration display.
    Windows apparently his the folder where the library was saved and could not read the hidden files. Once I did a search for the folder and went to options to unhide it I had to save the machine type before it would let me pick the post.

Windows apparently his the folder where the library was saved and could not read the hidden files. Once I did a search for the folder and went to options to unhide it I had to save the machine type before it would let me pick the post.
    Yup, right in target! Glad you solved it.