584,849 active members*
4,538 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EasyCad Z. Bavelloni

I work for a building supply company who produces custom granite countertops. I actually work as a computer technician, and I am only partially versed in the "Cad/CNC" part of things. My issue is this,

Often times customers request custom sink cut-outs. So far what I have done to meet this request is to obtain the .dxf files off the sink manufacturers website, and use that to work from. We have a vinyl template cutter that we use to produce a "template" from to compare to the actual physical sink and make sure things match up. We have a Cad program (AllenCad) for use with the Vinyl cutter and it has no problems opeing just about any .dxf file, however when I try to import it to the EasyCad program I get varied results. Sometimes the file will open and operate 100% correctly, sometimes the file will open and the drawing will have been scaled down to a miniscule size, sometimes the file will open and pieces of the drawing will be missing (I.E. curves, circles, complex angles, etc...), and other times the file opens and is completly blank.

Before anyone asks I do know how to zoom to the extents of the file, so I know it is actually blank. I am also aware that for a file to work in EasyCad, there must be no text included in the file. I have tried saving the files in several .dxf versions (R12, R13, R14, AutoCad2000/02, Autocad2004) and I have had little consitent luck.

Does anyone have any experience with this program? Can anyone give me some advice on how to properly import files to Z. Bavelloni's EasyCad program?

Question DXF Import to EasyCAD

Hello,

I was wondering if you had any luck with your problems importing dxf files into EasyCAD?

I have a customer with similar problem. His software menus allow him to go through the motions of importing dxf, but eventually nothing ever appears.

I have contacted the Bavelloni rep here, but he has not come up with any solutions which is very disappointing.

Many Thanks,

Jim Smith
    Waters Group, UK
    [email protected]

sink dxf's

cbieger,

There are a few thinks to look for:

The dxf must be exploded. NO polylines. All elements must be in plane 0.

Also, check to see that the drawing closes properly. Use the "show endpoints" in easycad to make sure all is green/all elements running in the same direction.

Another way to check this is to polyedit the dwg in acad and join all elements. If acad won't join them, there is a problem. Usually listing the small rad.s, erasing them and then filleting them with correct radius will clean it up. Then you can check it by polyedit/join. Once it works - EXPLODE it.

I always save the cleaned up dwg as an acadr13 dxf.

When opening in easycad just hit ctrl then Z to zoom extends. Another hint is to move the dwg while in acad to 0,0,0. When opening in easycad it will show right away.

I have had many problems with mfgrs dxf's. for sinks. It is not unusual for the dwgs to be "dirty". Once there was a tiny speck of a line on the dwg and my machine went around it while milling. Nearly lost the top. Ended up moving the sink over by a half and did a sink deck reveal to save the piece. Be careful to check over those dxf's before running them.

Any questions - let me know,

John

Yes Exploded it must be.
    Actually Autocad V12 would be even better. And if the drawing is too big then it has to be broken into 2 -3 or more sub-drawings.
    Of course the primary difficulty may lie in the GUI -user interface- the user has to set the type of the file to .DXF by using the selector button. Even more hidden is the way to save as .dxf in Easycad as one has change the file extension via the keyboard in order to do that.

Geo Koromias

Ex-Bavelloni Tech here

Hi,
    I used to work for Bavelloni and am still certified for their machines and software to work on and troubleshoot as a technician. there are a few factors that you will have to do. To import a DXF file that is miniscule you just have to use the conversion option that will allow you to scale the sink. you just have to input *25.4 This will convert any dxf you have from miniscule to proper size. sorry that the actual name of the option eludes me at this time but I will touch up on it tomorrow when I get to my notes on it. as for it bowing up where entities are not conected, that is a problem with the actual DXF file there are ways around it though. Try the first step there and let me know how you do.

Zoltan

Re: Ex-Bavelloni Tech here

hii

does the easycad software generate a iso G code??