584,866 active members*
5,249 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lightbulb Tormach Post Processor Failing to Post

I recently received a Tormach 440, and I am having a difficult time post processing through the latest version of Fusion 360 on a Mac machine running the latest version of OS X. The post processor version that is not working for me is: Tormach_PathPilot_Mill_20160408.cps. I downloaded this post directly from Tormach. I know that I must be overlooking something simple, but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out. What I do know is that when I go to the "Generic Posts" drop down menu and select the Generic Haas post processor Fusion 360 will generate G-Code. Under the "Generic Post" dropdown menu the Tormach post processor does not show up as an option. I have placed "Tormach_PathPilot_Mill_20160408.cps" under the "Personal Post" and under "My Cloud Post" on A360 Drive, and it will not post from neither of those areas. I also went to the Autodesk CAM Post Processor page and downloaded the latest Tormach post processor from there and placed it under both the "Personal Post" and under "My Cloud Post" sections, and again I could not get it to post.

Error: Failed to invoke function 'onSection'.
    Error: Failed to invoke 'onSection' in the post configuration.
    Error: Failed to execute configuration.
    Stop time: Thu May 5 17:10:46 2016
    Post processing failed.

I also attached a screen shot showing the failed post file.

I'm not new to Fusion 360 or CNC. I have never had an issue like this before. I am sure that it is probably something simple that I am overlooking since there are others running Fusion 360 on Macs utilizing the Tormach post processor.

Re: Tormach Post Processor Failing to Post

The important error is "Invalid coolant mode". One of the operations that you are posting probably has a coolant mode that's not supported by Tormach but that is supported by Haas. I think only Mist and Flood will work.

Attachment 319262

Lightbulb SOLVED: Re: Tormach Post Processor Failing to Post

Hey, I really appreciate the help, and that was exactly it! I had selected "Air" since I was going to use the Fog Buster to simply blow air vice coolant. I went back into the tool library and changed the coolant to "mist" and that fixed everything!

I owe you!