585,969 active members*
4,518 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Config "VFD", loose spindle when control box is plugged into Parallel port ???

Config "VFD", loose spindle when control box is plugged into Parallel port ???

Hello all...
    Just received this router.

The spindle turns on (twisting the potentiometer) when the control box is not plugged into a computer (via parallel port) or if the computer is off. As soon as the control box is hooked to computer, the spindle does not work.

If i plug the control box into the computer while the computer is off, the spindle works with potentiometer in forward, but as soon as the computer is turned on (even before windows loads), the spindle will no longer work.

The "VFD" does have a function button, but i have no manual for the settings.
    The control box has a switch on the face; 'PC' or 'Manually'. When the control box is not hooked to a computer, the switch seams to function correctly, in PC mode it does not work and in Manually mode it works fine. Once the control box is hooked to a computer, the spindle does not work no matter what position the switch is in.

When i have alittle control of the spindle, the only thing i can do is turn the potentiometer, which changed the spindle speed. The RUN, STOP FWD and REV buttons do nothing. If the potentiometer is turned all the way down, the spindle will stop.

Im running Mach3, aside from the spindle, everything seams to be working. I have control of the steppers, they move and i can also change there speed.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

[EDIT]
    Just now, while in Mach3, if i send a G97 S1000 M3 the numbers on the face of the control box will change from 400 to 390 while Mach thinks the spindle is on and when i run a M5, the numbers on the control box go back to 400. I tested a couple different spindle speeds and the numbers change, and lways go back to 400 with a M5.

Heres a pic of the control box.

-

Re: Config "VFD", loose spindle when control box is plugged into Parallel port ???

Changed VFD parameter 32 to equal 0 and now the VFD is talking with Mach3.
    Spindle only works CW, but for wood working thats fine for now.
    The 'PC' and 'Manually' switch are working.
    FWD and REV are not working.
    While in PC mode, i must press the RUN button once and then Mach3 has control, spindle speeds, M3 and M5 work correctly.
    Will take some screen shots of the Mach3 settings and post incase this helps someone else.

_